Sign in to follow this  
x-plane 123

LR major announcement at the 2016 Flight Sim Expo!

I just got my monthly e-mail from Laminar Research and saw the following,

"Have you seen the series of short videos we're releasing? Make sure to follow us on YouTubeFacebook, or Twitter so you don't miss the next one!

We'll also be attending the 2016 Flight Sim Expo at the Royal Air Force Museum in Cosford, England on October 8th. We'll have a big announcement at presentations in the morning and afternoon, so make sure to stop by if you'll be there as well.

These are very busy times at Laminar Research--we're all working tirelessly to bring you the best in mobile and desktop flight simulators! The latest update to X-Plane 10 mobile is now out, and 10.50 is getting close to being finalized."

I also saw this on the Flight Sim Expo website, "Laminar Research, creator of the X-Plane flight simulator , will be making a major announcement on October 8th at the 2016 Flight Sim Expo at the Royal Air Force Museum in Cosford, England.  X-Plane’s flight model, scope, versatility,  customizability, and 3rd party add-ons have made it the ultimate flight simulation experience for pilots and serious simulation enthusiasts.

Over the years it has always been the policy of Laminar Research to continually improve X-Plane, providing the most realistic flight simulation available, with flight modeling so accurate that has been adopted by numerous commercial aviation organizations.    Laminar will continue this tradition with this upcoming major announcement at Cosford.  Presentations will be made in both morning and afternoon by Austin Meyer, founder of Laminar Research and creator of X-Plane and by Ben Supnik, head of development for the desktop version of X-Plane.
X-Plane -  It’s what real pilots fly"

Could this be when they announce X-Plane 11? Hopefully, but I guess well know for sure in 5 weeks.

• Upvote 1

I would guess XP11.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Exciting times!  Hope it's an announcement for X-Plane 11.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

XP11!

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Has to be X-Plane 11. It's too late in the cycle for v10 for it to be anything else, and they've already shown previews. So maybe...

Better weather modeling, especially thunderstorms? (the big one for me)

Seasonal terrain?

Better ATC? (I don't care about this, but I know many do)

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, since so much of this depends on what Austin thinks is important. But with v10 running so smoothly now, I think Laminar needs to make a splash with some big new features for v11 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

XP11 is something I am really looking after... I hope it uninstalls as easily as XP10 :-)  hehehe - just kidding !!!!

Now, indeed I hope Austin can dedicate enough to the cause and make XP11 get's most of those long time complaints or wishes from XP10 users become addressed.

• Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Sounds intriguing, but if there's no change in weather/clouds from XP10 then I'll wait for XP12 and stick with P3D for now lol.

Thanks for the heads up, I've just come back from the UK, but might actually make another trip next month to see this :-)

I've just come back from the UK, but might actually make another trip next month to see this

*if* you do go ..... please record it :) the EU ... er I mean England now :Devil:  is kinda far for some us :D

Relax guys. X-Plane 10 is just getting started...

c400_1.png?raw=1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

X-Pane 11 and VR Support :smile: Me Hopes

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Relax guys. X-Plane 10 is just getting started...

c400_1.png?raw=1

Stuff on the ground looks great. Stuff in the sky looks... well, fine for a clear day. I want to see a big nasty thunderstorm anvil cloud rolling in over that airport, danger of windshear from the downwash because X-Plane is actually modeling vertical convection flows inside a CB. I want something I'm afraid to fly into, and need to divert around.

We can set up conditions that affect our planes like that now, but it doesn't look like that from a distance, like something we'd want to avoid in low-level VFR flying. That's what I'm hoping we'll get in v11. If it's too much for Laminar to handle on its own, at least rebuild the weather model so it's not just three simple horizontal layers, and a 3rd party can do discrete weather system modeling based on METAR data.

Like this:

6813984-3x2-940x627.jpg

That's the environment we're supposed to be flying in, like the real pilots do. And right now, X-Plane (and all other sims) do a terrible job of modeling it.

• Upvote 2

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Doubt it's XP11. XP10 has a long way to go. We're not even at 10.50 yet!!

Ara Mahs, Private Pilot