Sign in to follow this  
x-plane 123

LR major announcement at the 2016 Flight Sim Expo!

So if I own XPlane 10 I get 11 for free?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

No. Only if you from now on purchase X-Plane 10 from their website (Steam and DVD do NOT count, according to their website), you can get the update for free.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

X-Plane by Laminar Research No... if you purchased X-Plane 10 in the past, you'll get free updates through the live of X-Plane 10 (version 10.51 will be released soon), but X-Plane 11 is a separate purchase.

X-Plane by Laminar Research If you buy the X-Plane 10 digital download now, you'll get X-Plane 11 free on release day

Well that seems fair,,,if your crazy. No way will I buy it again for a minor upgrade. My opinion of LM just took a major dive.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

No way will I buy it again for a minor upgrade

Why is X-Plane 11 a minor upgrade in your opinion?

It has always been that way .. X-Plane 10 was a separate purchase if you previously owned X-Plane 9. And then you got YEARS of big and significant updates for free. Now it's time again for a new major version, which is X-plane 11. Then it will be years again with free updates.

• Upvote 2

I remember buying XP10 and being underwhelmed but look at what was achieved during it's run and at how many third parties have jumped on. I honestly expected no more than has been announced. Incremental improvements is the name of the Laminar game not total redevelopment as some seem to wish for on the various threads. I'll happily shell out for XP11 and enjoy the new features whilst anticipating more development during its run. So there's no seasons? So what! It doesn't stop me flying. So the weather is not perfect? So what! It doesn't stop me flying. Enjoy it for what it is.

Well that seems fair,,,if your crazy. No way will I buy it again for a minor upgrade. My opinion of LM just took a major dive.

That's your choice to stick with XP 10.  But I don't think it's crazy that developers expect to be paid for their work.  Especially since we've had plenty of free upgrades to XP 10 over the last few years or however long it's been.

• Upvote 3

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

Nice news!!! XP 11 is coming... :wub:

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

But you're paying for continued support, not just the feature set at release.

You paid one time for X-Plane 10 and over the course of several years, you got a boatload of content and support. So why would you expect X-Plane 11 to be any different?

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

So the main focus is now on eye candy and default aircraft. I'm disappointed to be honest.

Regards,

Radek

A couple of comments.

So, looks like I was spot on with all my predictions. I predicted X-Plane 11 would be probably out at the end of this year, when people were saying it was 2 or 3 years away.

I predicted no changes in the weather system ("largely unchanged" as per LR words) when the general expectation was that X-Plane 11 could hardly feature an unchanged weather system. It is surprising they've not changed it, since most comments also in this thread mention the disappointment for that.

So, another couple of predictions: I think X-Plane 11 price on launch day will be higher than 59,99 $ (X-Plane 10 was 79,99 $ at launch).

And I predict that X-Plane 11 will feature some sort of season visuals that they've not disclosed yet, although maybe not ready for prime time for X-Plane 11.00 release.

That being said, the visuals improvements are welcomed and they finally bring the environment visuals mostly on par with FSX (I wonder about the visuals of wet an icy runways though).

The compatibility of X-Plane 10 aircrafts and scenery is also a very good news for all users.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

So the main focus is now on eye candy and default aircraft. I'm disappointed to be honest.

I agree, we have tons of forum post about weather complains and they invested a lot of resources upgrading and introducing new default aircraft (c'mon how many fly default aircraft nowadays) . But could be that with a limited team those who are skilled in aircraft model are not skilled in weather environment at he same time.

I really hope they could state that weather will be a priority in the future, this could make me jump on board of XP11 sooner than later.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane by Laminar Research No... if you purchased X-Plane 10 in the past, you'll get free updates through the live of X-Plane 10 (version 10.51 will be released soon), but X-Plane 11 is a separate purchase.

X-Plane by Laminar Research If you buy the X-Plane 10 digital download now, you'll get X-Plane 11 free on release day

Makes perfect sense. Thank you.

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

So, another couple of predictions: I think X-Plane 11 price on launch day will be higher than 59,99 $ (X-Plane 10 was 79,99 $ at launch).

Nope, LR posted on FB that the price will be

$59.99. (That's the same price we're selling the X-Plane 10+11 digital download today.)

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the link! The new lighting and the fog look great, but unfortunately the video confirms my fears that the overall weather system hasn't been changed significantly (look at the clouds at 1:26). :Hmmmph:

I'll buy XP11 anyway just to support LR, but it looks like I won't be getting rid of P3D anytime soon.

One of the questions Austin fielded was about weather upgrade.

He said that apart from the fog, there was nothing new but he is very aware the weather needs upgrading and it will happen. He didn't commit to saying it would happen in the '11' cycle though.

Stu

A couple of comments.

So, looks like I was spot on with all my predictions. I predicted X-Plane 11 would be probably out at the end of this year, when people were saying it was 2 or 3 years away.

I predicted no changes in the weather system ("largely unchanged" as per LR words) when the general expectation was that X-Plane 11 could hardly feature an unchanged weather system. It is surprising they've not changed it, since most comments also in this thread mention the disappointment for that.

And I predict that X-Plane 11 will feature some sort of season visuals that they've not disclosed yet, although maybe not ready for prime time for X-Plane 11.00 release.

That being said, the visuals improvements are welcomed and they finally bring the environment visuals mostly on par with FSX (I wonder about the visuals of wet an icy runways though).

The compatibility of X-Plane 10 aircrafts and scenery is also a very good news for all users.

Austin says it will be $59.99. Anyone purchasing Xplane 10 from today will receive a key that unlocks Xplane 11 also (digital downloads, ofcourse) So no extra purchase for 11.

Stu

• Upvote 1

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.