Sign in to follow this  
x-plane 123

LR major announcement at the 2016 Flight Sim Expo!

I know Carlo, and I mentioned that in my post, but truth is, in all of the videos I watched showing ground handling as well as approaches and landings in the FSLabs A320x, it looks like the aircraft briskly responds to stick inputs, both in roll and pitch, as if there was practically no inertia.

I had been waiting for it to be released, because I really like airbuses and I don't yet have one that satisfies my wants in XP10, but I think I'd rather save for the Airlinetools one now....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I know Carlo, and I mentioned that in my post, but truth is, in all of the videos I watched showing ground handling as well as approaches and landings in the FSLabs A320x, it looks like the aircraft briskly responds to stick inputs, both in roll and pitch, as if there was practically no inertia.

But how can you judge how it reacts to stick inputs without actually seeing the stick deflection of the joystick used to make these videos? I haven't seen any videos of the FSLabs on Youtube with a split screen showing the in-sim perspective and the actual movement of the joystick. I bought the FSLabs and it actually has quite some inertia and isn't overly sensitive to joystick inputs. Very nice to hand-fly. Much much better than the Aerosoft version...

But let's not derail the thread into a Aerosoft vs. FSLabs discussions. This is a XP topic. I just wanted to make clear that I generally do not like it if people judge add-ons which they don't own themselves.

But now, back on topic...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Roger!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Back on topic:

Maybe they have to share "something completely different"

Maybe something like : Orbx is finally coming to XP?

Or: Traffic360 will work in XP 10.60?

Who knows...

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Back on topic:

Or: Traffic360 will work in XP 10.60?

Who knows...

10.50 will probably be the last major release  :Cry:

Back on topic:

The last I heard, Orbx wanted nothing to do with X-Plane, ever. I don't know the reasons for that. Maybe it was just sunk investment in a different scenery system, but it seemed pretty firm. There is also the new partnership between Orbx and DTG for their upcoming flight sim. So I would say chances are slim to none.

The good news is that we're starting to get scenery that rivals Orbx in some areas, and much of it is free. I've managed to live without Orbx scenery since I switched to X-Plane many years ago, so it's not on my personal wish list. Weather on the other hand.... I would spend any amount of money for better and more realistic weather formations in X-Plane.

• Upvote 6

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I agree - better weather rendering is a MUST, but also better modelling of the weather effects...

Yesterday a landing at LPFL turned into a ridiculous nightmare with the aircraft bouncing all around it's 3 axis as rocket out of control, just because the reported wind had gusts of up to 30 knot AND a variable wind field which XP10 always translates into a windshear festival...

But then I decided to give the latest version of Lisbon scenery ( freeware available at the .Org ), and WOW!!!! Never had anything even close in FSX / P3D...

Main Simulation Rig:

The last I heard, Orbx wanted nothing to do with X-Plane, ever. I don't know the reasons for that. Maybe it was just sunk investment in a different scenery system, but it seemed pretty firm. There is also the new partnership between Orbx and DTG for their upcoming flight sim. So I would say chances are slim to none.

The good news is that we're starting to get scenery that rivals Orbx in some areas, and much of it is free. I've managed to live without Orbx scenery since I switched to X-Plane many years ago, so it's not on my personal wish list. Weather on the other hand.... I would spend any amount of money for better and more realistic weather formations in X-Plane.F

FSX/PD3 is a cash cow for ORBX, so why bother with XPX. There is so much amazing free scenery in XPX that ORBX might have a harder time selling their airports. I would love to see their terrain regional scenery !

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

FSX and X-Plane have 2 very different scenery systems and ORBX would have a very hard time porting their regional sceneries over. So it's unlikely, but who knows, stranger things have happened

• Upvote 1

Can someone enlighten me on what a migration to vulcan would achieve? One of the benefits (and perhaps downfalls) of X-Plane is that it is multiplatform. My understanding is that Vulcan will give us more modern APIs as long as the platform will support it. Some things that come to mind are tessellation as as shader pipeline (Which OpenGL has supported for some time, but which Apple have been slow to adapt. People often state that LR would be better dropping OpenGL and moving to DirectX which would kill Mac, Android, iOS and Linux support and this in my view would be a huge mistake and not something that would happen any time soon. It my humble opinion, X-Plane already is the most modern and best performing flight-sim and it simply needs to take advantage of the technology it already is using, which I trust Ben and co already know and are working hard to achieve.

Benefits? This video might give you an idea...

• Upvote 3

LES_signature_300px.png.fb92590eee91bc5f31a172293bd6014f.png

I agree - better weather rendering is a MUST, but also better modelling of the weather effects...

Yesterday a landing at LPFL turned into a ridiculous nightmare with the aircraft bouncing all around it's 3 axis as rocket out of control, just because the reported wind had gusts of up to 30 knot AND a variable wind field which XP10 always translates into a windshear festival...

But then I decided to give the latest version of Lisbon scenery ( freeware available at the .Org ), and WOW!!!! Never had anything even close in FSX / P3D...

For now NOAA plugin deals with this issue.

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

For now NOAA plugin deals with this issue.

Do you mean it softens the variability and gusts ?  Didn't recall it did so ?

Main Simulation Rig:

xp11 can become my only alternative to ELITE and PSX, if some of the long awaited features find there way into it.

Weather depiction and simulation of it's effects is an area I am really very interested in. If LR finds a way to better represent the currently implemeted features such as wind variability and turbulence, fine tunning them according to what they're supposed to mean when mentioned in METAR and SIGMET, then we already have a good progress.

I don't need the perfect weather injcetion, but the hooks for such an add-on product, or variuos ( competition is always good ) to be developed over it.

Same applies to AI and ATC, again leaving room for good 3rd party products.

If Austin can also take some good time to fine tune the flight dynamics then, that's the cherry on top of the cake :-)

Presently as I am tired of repeating ( sorry guys... ) I use XP10 only as a visuals simulator. I set it to almost minimal rendering settings in order not to interfere with the performance of Aerowinx PSX, but from time to time I start it as well as a standalone simulator. This was the case yesterday, when after watching some videos of a recently released Airbus product for FSX, I decided to remember how much more credible, at least from the handling and response to controls a Peter's Airbus or my QPAC A320 can be, and even the JARDesign NEO, although I prefer the former...

It's a much much more believable feel guys. I don't have that Airbus released for FSX, but simply looking at the videos, where responses from inputs are as brisk as that of an Extra makes me think I'd rather not spend my money on that. Of course I'm not talking systems-wise - that's a different story, and I believe FSLabs A320x has considerably raised the level in MSFS's and derivates world, but the flight dynamics of my XP10 airbuses feel a LOT closer to my experience in the LevelD sims, and my 5 jumpseat sessions...

So let me get this straight...

you are trashing the Flight dynamics of the FSL bus based on YouTube videos??? Sorry but you lost all credibility with me on that one.

it does not roll like a extra 300 that is just being silly and the FBW is the best of any Airbus simulation to date

• Upvote 2

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Maybe they will annouce that X-Plane 11 will be an addon for P3D 64bit?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Maybe they will annouce that X-Plane 11 will be an addon for P3D 64bit?

That makes no sense ?

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar