Sign in to follow this  
x-plane 123

LR major announcement at the 2016 Flight Sim Expo!

Somehow I believe XP11's release will be announced for late 2016.

It would be great if theyr offered upgrade fees for XP10 owners...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I honestly wouldn't mind paying full price again. For the amount of updates we've had for free in v10, they need to earn some cash now.

• Upvote 7

I honestly wouldn't mind paying full price again. For the amount of updates we've had for free in v10, they need to earn some cash now.

Well.... I agree :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Well.... I agree :-)

I do partially...

I'd be a bit disappointed if 10.50 turned out to be the XP11 beta version without ambient occlusion and better sound.

Looking at forum surveys and polls I think the XP11 match will play around weather, ATC and landscape improvements (trees, seasons, water...). No news on this side and the great part of users will not move to XP11 and lot of FSX/PR3D pilots will not find a true motivation to cross the pond.

The biggest problem with P3D and FSX is that both are still based on rather old technology, and 32 bit bound.

Main Simulation Rig:

I hope they announce a subscription based model (like $50 a year), which would enable them to hire a bunch of people and push updates faster. I don't mind the number, 10, 11 - that's a thing of the past. Monthly updates, even to the hard parts such as weather, scenery ect. would be awesome.

• Upvote 5

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I still haven't figured out what the preview videos are all about. X-Plane 11 will surely be a step up from 10, with the improved lighting engine which was previewed a few months ago, X-Planes future looks very bright! (no pun intended). 

It's most likely than not, we'll be seeing XP11 fully uncloak and a release date announced this weekend, another indication imho to this is XP10 is presently being offered at a discount on the XP website.

To garner the attention and grow their user base in the sim community, I only hope they listened to the wants of the community and implement if not all; but some of these wants (weather) while retaining the true nature of physics of flight.

• Upvote 3

It would be nice if there was a live feed from the show. My thanks to those generous souls who will make a video for us to see. However, it would seem that Laminar Research - parent of X-Plane 10/11 - would have a video and blog to promote their product. Anyway, it will be interesting to see what does develop. I am looking forward to see the big announcement. I hope it is a grand spanking new X-Plane 11.

+1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Squirrel  will be attending and has stated that we will be tweeting during the announcement. If I can get Internet access there, then I'll post a summary on here when the presentation is over.

• Upvote 3

Squirrel  will be attending and has stated that we will be tweeting during the announcement. If I can get Internet access there, then I'll post a summary on here when the presentation is over.

Thanks for the info. I'll be looking in for sure.

Jim Morgan

I hope they announce a subscription based model (like $50 a year), which would enable them to hire a bunch of people and push updates faster. I don't mind the number, 10, 11 - that's a thing of the past. Monthly updates, even to the hard parts such as weather, scenery ect. would be awesome.

I think the main drawback with that idea is the impact it would have on 3rd party developers. X-Plane already has the "disadvantage," from a certain perspective, of being a moving target for development of planes and other add-ons. One reason FSX is such a lucrative and cost-efficient platform for development is that it's frozen in amber, and will never change.

If X-Plane ever went to a subscription model, then developers couldn't take the stance they do now, which is usually "support and updates through the current product cycle." It's still harder on them than working on FSX (and to a certain extent P3D), because development doesn't stop during each cycle. But at least they have the potential to release a new version of their planes and other add-ons whenever a new X-Plane version introduces new features. 

Speaking of which... I wonder if there is anything besides eye candy coming in v11 that would allow 3rd party plane devs to update and charge for new versions? I guess we'll see, soon enough.

• Upvote 2

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Thanks Tony; you will be our eyes and ears...

This is fantastic,Thank You Tony

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

I think they need to "Grab the market"...before Dovetail release their 64 bit Flight Sim...

I read an enormous amount of posts from FSX and Prepar3d users about releasing a 64 bit version and yet we have X Plane 10 in 64 bit...Somethings missing as they (Laminar Research) haven't captured their business. ...

Dave