Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

Do I need to use Nvidia Inspector

I have a new high end gaming computer that I use for FSX-P3D.

My system rocks and haven't turned to any other outside controller. I already had an FSX config that was what I will call appropriately and minimally tweaked. I read about using the inspector for various reasons.

Do I need to use Inspector to get the most out of the fixer.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I don't know if P3D benefits from it, but FSX and AA is to me a must. 

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

You need almost certainly to turn on Super sampling and for DX10 the only way to do that is to set Smart Grid Super Sampling  (other types dont work) which can only be done via Nvidia Inspector.

Nvidia Inspector is  an editor for Nvidia profiles and exposes some settings that  the Nvidia Control Panel itself doesn't.  

I once went as far as downloading the Nvidia SDK and adding the settings into the DX10 Fixer Control Panel but then I decided that I would spend all my time answering questions about AA so I never actually released it.

So the bottom line is that it isn't some fearful complex program that runs whilst you are using FSX - it is just an editor for a config file used by Nvidia.

• Upvote 1

Oh boy another module to run, cant wait.

So do I have to keep the Inspector running or open while flying, IE set up a profile for FSX and apply but then keep it open of can it be shut down and the settings are automatically applied every time I fly.

Near CAM3

So do I have to keep the Inspector running or open while flying, IE set up a profile for FSX and apply but then keep it open of can it be shut down and the settings are automatically applied every time I fly.

All NI does is update the driver's config files. No need to keep it running.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Yes it's just an editor like notepad but using Nvidia profiles - so as luke and I are saying there is nothing to worry about, nothing to leave running and nothing to be fearful of. Just run it select your options and forget it. I haven't run it for 6 months.

Yes it's just an editor like notepad but using Nvidia profiles - so as luke and I are saying there is nothing to worry about, nothing to leave running and nothing to be fearful of. Just run it select your options and forget it. I haven't run it for 6 months.

All NI does is update the driver's config files. No need to keep it running.

Cheers!

Perfect, thanks.  So I have some reading, learning and testing to do. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.

Near CAM3

nVidia inspector 1.9.7.6 moved the editor outside of inspector and you need to run the program nvidiaProfileInspector.exe to edit your settings. However, nVidia drivers 372.70 seemed to have broken nvidiaProfileInspector.exe and it now crashes. 

EDIT: Updated nvidia profile inspector is here: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Orbmu2k/nvidiaprofileinspector/build/artifacts

Hopefully the mods won't block this link, if they do it is also in the changlog.txt (the second link.) 

nVidia inspector 1.9.7.6 moved the editor outside of inspector and you need to run the program nvidiaProfileInspector.exe to edit your settings. However, nVidia drivers 372.70 seemed to have broken nvidiaProfileInspector.exe and it now crashes. 

No problems here, you do need to rebuild your profile though.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

Updated profileinspector, link above fixed the crashing. 

OK I will check my version and what drivers I have installed for my GTX970.

Near CAM3