Sign in to follow this  
Pluto7777

FS2crew voice microphone ptt possible ?

Does anybody know how to activate PTT button for FS2crew voice ?

Microphone stays on and keeps listening

I have read forums about caps lock button etc... but microphone stays on without caps lock

these assignments are ment for PTT use in multiplayer sessions

I just want the microphone to listen for voice instructions, only when i push a button, possible ?

Hi,

PTT would be a nice feature to have if you are using "Voice Attack," a general voice command for other commands outside of FS2Crew. or an ATC app like Pilot2ATC?

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

PTT button via FSUIPC is working OK , but i added a small electronic push button on my joystick base wich i electrically  have connected to the microphonewires to interupt the signal.

Otherwise the voice recognition stays on while muted, now it is solved for 100% !

I know PTT is only used irl for ATC, but the background sound causes strange things to happen with the voice commands, as I prefer not to use a headset but a base microphone.

BTW:  Thanks Byork for the quick response, super !

i added a small electronic push button on my joystick base wich i electrically  have connected to the microphonewires to interupt the signal.

Otherwise the voice recognition stays on while muted, now it is solved for 100% !

That's a very clever piece of engineering.

For the non-engineers, I would recommend most people just use Hard Mute if they don't expect to issue a voice command/checklist for an extended period of time (ie., cruise phase).

Cheers,

Hard Mute works just fine but .. would be superb to have a small clue of HM being OFF or ON somewhere even when the main FS2Crew panel is minimized (hidden). I hate having to keep the main FS2Crew panel showing at all times. I prefer to hide it whenever possible but then i never know whether HM is ON or OFF.

Edited by Stefano74