Sign in to follow this  
c3pzero

Cabin Lighting [P3D]

I recently bought the Shrike, and it is a fun and easy aircraft to fly... during the day. But my biggest complaint with it is the cabin lighting, which to me, looks terrible and is not really good enough to fly the aircraft at night. There is just not enough ambient light in the cabin. Many switches and controls (e.g. cowl flaps) remain completely in darkness with the cabin lights on. I've seen other Carenado and Alabeo aircraft with much better cabin lighting, so I'm a bit disappointed with what seems like a slap-dash effort here. Also, why does clicking the captain's spotlight turn on the lights for the entire cabin, including passengers? And the panel lighting brightness knob, which has settings for 25, 50, 75, 100 seems to have no effect for me.

Is there a way to fix this by altering the textures or config files for the aircraft? Does having HDR turned on make the lighting look worse than intended? 

Thanks!

I recently bought the Shrike, and it is a fun and easy aircraft to fly... during the day. But my biggest complaint with it is the cabin lighting, which to me, looks terrible and is not really good enough to fly the aircraft at night. There is just not enough ambient light in the cabin. Many switches and controls (e.g. cowl flaps) remain completely in darkness with the cabin lights on. I've seen other Carenado and Alabeo aircraft with much better cabin lighting, so I'm a bit disappointed with what seems like a slap-dash effort here. Also, why does clicking the captain's spotlight turn on the lights for the entire cabin, including passengers? And the panel lighting brightness knob, which has settings for 25, 50, 75, 100 seems to have no effect for me.

Is there a way to fix this by altering the textures or config files for the aircraft? Does having HDR turned on make the lighting look worse than intended? 

Thanks!

Yup its terrible - and I mean terrible - HDR off will help but who would want to do that lol  - have to live with it - carenado didnt develop this with hdr in mind thats for sure - has something to do with the lighting on this as others dont look this bad - is what it is I'm afraid

Rich Sennett

http://www.flightsimlabs.com/index.php/spotlights-2/

I bought it. It's great. Brightens up all of your VC's.

Tried to install the 'Trial' but my Internet Security came up with a lot of problems with the site , harmful file and so on.

I guess you had no problems with the 'paid version.

bob

johnbla, on 08 Sept 2016 - 08:28 AM, said:

http://www.flightsimlabs.com/index.php/spotlights-2/

I bought it. It's great. Brightens up all of your VC's.

thanks for Pointing this out, going through the trial at the moment, and to think of all the hours trying to sort a suitable texture out to brighten the vc in this airplane, and this is all we needed.

many thanks

bob

The panel* lights looked fine by themselves, to me. 

Tonight however, every time I tried to engage the panel lights the !*$#!! cabin lights came on, and the switches for each moved together regardless of which one was being "flicked."  And no panel lights at all , , , I double-checked "pilot controls aircraft lighting" was on.

*SOLVED:  I was confusing the INSTRUMENT lights with the cabin, et al, lights.  (The panel, cabin, and map lights all work together)