Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Cosford 2016

It was great to see a few of you guys at the show, but I missed making contact with yourself, Phil :sad:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Phil..

Good to meet you Ray and Bill.  Hope you got home ok.

Thanks Phil. Nice to meet you too. It wasn't ideal conditions for a comfortable conversation under those noisy Comet's flaps. :P Delighted to meet you.

I am rather disappointed to find at these gatherings that most of the simmers that I meet have never heard of Avsim. I often have to correct their lack of knowledge.... :wink:

Ray..

Hope you got home okay Bill. Nice seeing you again.

Same here. Probably see you again next year.
But I'll be travelling by train I suspect.

I had a pleasant chat with Dave Barrington. It was interesting to be able to chat with a RW 737 driver. I saw you later deep in conversation with him. Did you get a few tips ?

You were right - the M6 wasn't as bad, but was still bad...
..Stumbled through the door at 1600.

I was also fortunate to be able to chat with Mark from Just Flight re their Hawk T1. Rich was a mite busy, I wanted to thank them both for their efforts re the aircraft. :Applause:

I have wanted a good Hawk for P3d for some time. It has always been my 'dream' aircraft for my local airfield scenery.

Regards
Bill

It was nice to meet you, Bill. Sorry that we never got the chance to talk in more depth. I also had a brief encounter with Erich B!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Ray..

Same here. Probably see you again next year.

But I'll be travelling by train I suspect.

I had a pleasant chat with Dave Barrington. It was interesting to be able to chat with a RW 737 driver. I saw you later deep in conversation with him. Did you get a few tips ?

You were right - the M6 wasn't as bad, but was still bad...

..Stumbled through the door at 1600.

Regards

Bill

Glad to hear you got home safe Bill. Train is a decent option as Cosford station is right outside the airfield. I must have been lucky as I got home in 1hr 25m - even quicker than going down. M6 was fine but I got off at J17 (Sandbach).

We're so lucky to have these shows where so many people can attend without having to travel vast distances. Cosford is ideal being in the middle of the country. Bit sad so few you spoke to are aware of AvSim. :sad:  Maybe they should have some representation there?

I always enjoy seeing old faces and meeting new ones. I was a bit surprised Christopher didn't return for more time with Concorde. Too many other distractions I guess! :P

I had a good chat with Dave Barrington who lives in Congleton and may well come up to Heald Green for the NWFSG monthly meetings especially as one of his former first officers was also there yesterday and also attends our meetings. No tips on flying a 737 I'm afraid but he did a commendable job landing Concorde at Manchester.

Enjoy your Hawk in P3D. Have you heard there is to be a 64-bit version? No time-scale I'm afraid.

Roll on next year where I hope to meet more AvSim members. :Big Grin:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Sorry for not speaking to you more yesterday, Ray. I did come back two or three times, but you were deep in conversation with various people, and I didn't want to butt in. I was there when you were talking to (I think) someone from FS Labs.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I come from Yorkshire by train, two changes, but it's almost as fast as the AA-estimated car journey time without hold-ups. There is a very efficient shuttle bus to and from the station. So train every time.

Petraeus

Sorry for not speaking to you more yesterday, Ray. I did come back two or three times, but you were deep in conversation with various people, and I didn't want to butt in. I was there when you were talking to (I think) someone from FS Labs.

Fair enough Christopher, it was a very busy day. Hopefully next year!

Yes, that was Andrew Wilson, one of the main men at FS Labs.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I come from Yorkshire by train, two changes, but it's almost as fast as the AA-estimated car journey time without hold-ups. There is a very efficient shuttle bus to and from the station. So train every time.

Thanks Petraeus.

I'll have to remember that for next time.

Regards

Bill

t was nice to meet you, Bill. Sorry that we never got the chance to talk in more depth. I also had a brief encounter with Erich B!

Good to finally meet you Christopher!  Unfortunately Ray was deep into flying the Concorde with a captive audience so, so didn;t have the opportunity to say hi.  

It was good to meet you, Erich. We should have stopped for a proper chat, but I think that we were both on our way to opposite destinations in the hangar at that time!

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks Christopher and Kevin for coming over to meet Stewart and myself in Shrewsbury. We had a really good chat and enjoyed the evening very much.

• Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Thanks Christopher and Kevin for coming over to meet Stewart and myself in Shrewsbury. We had a really good chat and enjoyed the evening very much.

And thanks to you as well, certainly lived up to your online reputation! Hope we can get together next year as well?! (Drinks are on me next year Chris thanks :P)

Cheers K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Hi Kevin,

Just spoke to Stewart and we are certainly looking forward to seeing you and Chris again next year (considering drinks are already fully catered for hehe). I consumed two more pints than I would normally (zero), so I hope I didn't get too boisterous!

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Just spoke to Stewart and we are certainly looking forward to seeing you and Chris again next year.....

I would love to meet up again next year. It was a real pleasure meeting you and Stewart, and seeing Kevin again. In fact, I would like to be able to stay for two nights next year, so that Kevin can give his credit card a good workout :P

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I think that we were both on our way to opposite destinations in the hangar at that time!

Yes, you were trying to find someone you hadn't met before and I was trying to find someone I had lost. Sounds like a bad dating show. :lol:

If ever I'm up in Cumbria, which may be sooner than later, I will give you a shout!