Sign in to follow this  
longrangecruise

AS16 and ASCA on sale

I wish there was a 30% off the upgrade of AS16 for P3D...  Full price is $39... Thanks for the heads up. I think I'll just wait for the new REX products instead.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

ARRRGGGGHHH!!!!! 

I just bought the AS16 P3D upgrade at full price just a few hours before this sale!!

So pi**ed off!!!!

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Boy, it didn't take long for them to put these on sale! Perhaps they saw not everyone was excited or running to the store to pick them up, specially if you already had ASN. For what I use it for, I didn't see a need to pay more just to get one specific effect I like. The rest is just more of the same, and ASCA clouds doesn't convince me at all.

I'm aware of that, unfortunately there's only a $3 difference between the regular price and the sale price of the upgrade version... :sad:

The full version is $62.55 USD the upgrade version is $41.44 USD, these prices are from SIM MARKET. Which I bought it from. FSS has a more reasonable price.

So for those who don't own AS16 yet, now is a good time to purchase it. But for those who want to upgrade, might as well just spend the extra $3 and get the full version.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Just realized that too. @ Simmarket there is almost no difference. (Edited my post 6)

The FSS however has the upgrade for 29 US (and it doesn't matter if you previously bought ASN from them. You just need the key when installing the Upgrade.)

Regards, Perry

For those still sitting on the fence, it's worth taking a look at Froogle's first impressions youtube video.

It gives a good in depth review of it's functionality, then shows some comparison video of ASN v ASN16 v ASN16+ASCA.

It actually made me decide not to buy for the moment. For example, at minute 12.35, Froggle switches from ASN to ASN2016 - all the clouds disappear except you can still see some lightning in the distance - even Froogle comments that he's unsure if ASN16 is actually working. Once he plugs in ASN16 + ASCA, the clouds come back, but for my take, they do (as some have commented) look a bit cartoon-ish.

But as Froogle points out several times in the video, beauty is in the eye of the beholder - and he really liked it.

Horses for courses.

Eugene 

Alternatively if you bought ASN at Simmarket and are logged in you will see the discount afterwards applied to your basket.

I bought both ASN and AS2012 at Simmarket and am not seeing a discount. :(

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Yes, same here... I bought from simmarket, however the discounted price is $41.44 which is still high.

The question is, is the upgrade worth it to go from ASN to AS16?

NAX669.png

For me no its not worth it, definitely not for the price. If their was a 30% discout off the upgrade price then yes.

Just bought both last night. And if you're here in the U.S., definitely take advantage of the currency difference from FSS. AS16 P3D Upgrade and ASCA cost me like USD $44. Played around a little with it last night and both seem like great products. AS16 at least gets rid of the cloud squeeze at high lats. Good for those NAT routes.

And look, if we've learned nothing else from HiFi, their products will only get better. They are always improving things. And the concept behind ASCA's dynamic themes is fantastic: cloud and sky textures that match the environment? What a novel concept!