Sign in to follow this  
longrangecruise

AS16 and ASCA on sale

Where is 30% off at PcAviator?

Pc Aviator Team,

I am wait a Labor Day off at Hifi Tech products...

:mad:

• Upvote 1

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Wow, was just looking at this and hadn't realized / forgot they are now charging separate for FSX and P3D... I will definitely NOT be buying this... ASN will be the last one.

I currently own AS Next...

If I get just the AS16 (not the ASCA) would I get the whispy cloud effect on my windshield? The ASCA textures are don't look as good as REX

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Thanks for the H-U. Got my upgrade from ASN for about 21 EUR. (FSX version)

A huuuge GUI and why does AS16 ask for a live internet connection on startup, even though I am in manual wx mode?

The rest is fine, though ...   ;-)

If I get just the AS16 (not the ASCA) would I get the whispy cloud effect on my windshield? The ASCA textures are don't look as good as REX

I dont think so but with latest update for ASCA  you can untick the textures (clouds & sky textures) so you can use REX - I just use cloud structures on dynamic theme thats it

Rich Sennett

I dont think so but with latest update for ASCA  you can untick the textures (clouds & sky textures) so you can use REX - I just use cloud structures on dynamic theme thats it

Nice! I didn't know this. Thanks Richard. :smile:

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

I might buy AS16 P3D full as future investment when moving to P3D from FSX Steam but I have to look at my pocket as well.

Bilal Asif Khan

No you don't have to buy ASCA for the "whispy cloud effects", it's a feature of AS16. I know because I have AS16 and only use REX Soft Clouds with it.

(...)

A huuuge GUI and why does AS16 ask for a live internet connection on startup, even though I am in manual wx mode?

(...)

I was able to "shrink" the GUI a bit.

Does anyone know why AS16 keeps asking for an internet connection, every time I lauch it? I bought the upgrade version, ASN is still installed on my system, and FSS sent me a new AS16 serial key (dunno where to enter it, though; installation went via my old ASN key).

EDIT: In their forum the AS team confirmed that this is by design.

Edited by The Undecided

I would guess so.

I used ASN before and bought the P3D upgrade on PCA (not on sale). I just had to enter the ASN key when installing the upgrade. ASN does not differentiate between FSX or P3D, it is one license.

Regards, Perry

It says you have to have a previous valid key, which I do from ASN FSX, anybody know if that qualifies for the P3d upgrade version?

Yes it does.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I installed my ASNext to compare.. I am flying in Pago Pago and there is thick clouds and rain right now.

I don't see much difference between the AS16 and ASN ..at least in this single instance.

The only issue I had was they don't seem to play well together.. I installed AS16 (Demo) first and everything was working fine

I think installed ASN and it too wanted to install ASConnect which it did and  ASN worked fine.

But when exited ASN and loaded AS16, it now wants to install AS Connect of its own... and it and when I said no, it connected to my sim and I can see the weather but in 2 minutes it exits 

Hmmm...

Since the upgrade price has not reduced much in this sale..I can always wait beyond this Sale period to purchase AS16.

I was going to purchase a full instance so I don't have to worry about the old registration key an all..

I wish I had the new effect with ASN.

Manny

Manny -  ASN and AS16 use DIFFERENT Asconnect modules. If you switch back and forth between them, just let whichever reinstall the Asconnect module and go fly.

I use AS16/ASCA combination and think they are a perfect combination.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

If you switch back and forth between them, just let whichever reinstall the Asconnect module and go fly.

Ah ok..eventually I would to settle for one of em.. :)  I am not son convinced on the ASCA front.. I wish we could load all the REX textures in ASCA and then it can do its thing... That would be awesome!

Manny