Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

My Traffic 6 GA Traffic question

Did a search on this topic, but couldn't find much, so posting this question. I started using PF3 which has a nice feature, using AI traffic to generate ATC chatter in the program. What I have noticed, since I am now flying only GA aircraft, and have been using GA AI only, is that I get almost zero chatter. If I turn on some airline traffic in MT 6, then I get AI chatter through PF3. Now I go to an airport, that I live near, KPDK, which has a great deal of GA traffic in real life, and I see static aircraft from MT6, but almost none of them are active on the airport. So if they aren't active, then of course there is no communication on tower, clearance, or ground radio freqs. My question is twofold, the first part asking, do you experience a similar situation with GA lack of activity at Airports with MT6?  The second part of the question, is , if you are using PF3, do you find that almost all the chatter is from airliners, versus GA AI?  I was thinking this morning that maybe all my AI GA pilots don't fly their aircraft because of the high price of fuel  :wink:

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I'm using MT6 and have my GA slider around 5% because I fly mostly tubeliners. So I'm not sure.

I thought you liked Pro ATC better, surprised to see you using PF3. So how does it stack up against P-ATC?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I'm using MT6 and have my GA slider around 5% because I fly mostly tubeliners. So I'm not sure.

I thought you liked Pro ATC better, surprised to see you using PF3. So how does it stack up against P-ATC?

There are features I like with PF3, especially for flying GA aircraft, which in my opinion make it very realistic. Having  around 140 different controller voices, you get a constant variety rather than just a couple of voices doing all the controlling. Also, the vectoring away from and to the arrival airport has been flawless for me so far, and it changes all the time. Climb rates and descent rates are never the same either. It definitely adds realism to the flying . I just like trying different ATC programs, and so far I really like PF3. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Interesting, so PF3 supports GA aircrafts as well as tubeliners? Because when using Pro-ATC with GA it's impossible since Pro-ATC uses navigraph airac data and the GA planes I fly with use Flight1 GTN'S Garmin Data. So will PF3 work with GA planes using Flight1's GTN units, Carenados G1000, etc? Because I can't figure out how to use these ATC programs with GA aircrafts at all. 

So in your opinion, would you say PF3 is better for GA than Pro-ATC? How well does PF3 handle tubeliners and IFR flying compared to Pro-ATC? I might make the switch if PF3 is better in those 2 aspects.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Bob,

As far as I know for the Ai generated chatter to work two things need to be in place.

In the Aircraft.cfg there needs to be an atc_airline defined and then the relevant call sign WAV's to be present in PF3's  recorded voice sets.

The GA aircraft both in PF3's aircraft models and the default  GA stuff do not have this line so there is nothing to call out.

You might like to try adding an atc_airline=CESSNA to the cessna's in MyTraffic aircraft and see if any of them will generate chatter. as I am sure cessna is in the PF3 WAV files.

Hopefully Dave marsh will rely on the PF3 forum with a better explanation.

[fltsim.0]
title=B773ER_MyPaint00
sim=Boeing777-300
model=FSX
texture=My00
atc_id=F-GSQE
atc_airline=AIR FRANCE
atc_heavy=1
ATC_PARKING_TYPEs=GATE,RAMP
ATC_PARKING_CODES=AFR
ui_manufacturer=MT Boeing
ui_type=777-300ER
ui_variation=Air France

how is my traffic 6 in fps compared to UT2 ?

They will be essentially the same, same with the VAS load.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

getting a great deal of GA and airline atc chatter tonight from KHND to KVCV, so everything appears to be working fine. 

Interesting, so PF3 supports GA aircrafts as well as tubeliners? Because when using Pro-ATC with GA it's impossible since Pro-ATC uses navigraph airac data and the GA planes I fly with use Flight1 GTN'S Garmin Data. So will PF3 work with GA planes using Flight1's GTN units, Carenados G1000, etc? Because I can't figure out how to use these ATC programs with GA aircrafts at all. 

So in your opinion, would you say PF3 is better for GA than Pro-ATC? How well does PF3 handle tubeliners and IFR flying compared to Pro-ATC? I might make the switch if PF3 is better in those 2 aspects.

I fly GA plus tubeliners with PRO ATC, but I think that PF3 is geared more towards IFR and VFR GA flight, but should handle tubeliners fine too. PF3 reminds me more of real ATC communication. The demo is free, so give it a  try, that's what I did, and after flying with it for two days I purchased it.