Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Lionheart Trinidad TB21

Are there any AVSIM simmers who have the Lionheart Trinidad TB21? Can you please post your opinions.

I'm interested in buying and adding the RXP GNS 430 & 530.

Looks like a nice alternative to the JF version and it's currently priced right.  :smile: 

TKS

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I have the Lionheart TB21 and I really like it and, despite having a large amount of addon pay ware aircraft, I find myself flying it more than I expected! I suspect that part of the reason for this might be that the cockpit design is just that little bit different to the Cessnas, Pipers and Beechcraft that I am so familiar with (a bit like French cars many of which have slightly quirky dashboards and controls!).

Overall Lionheart have modelled this extremely well from a visual viewpoint both inside and out. In my opinion the Trinidad is one of the most beautiful looking singles out there and Lionheart have replicated this perfectly with their external model, with good detail and textures and a number of colour schemes to choose from (as well as the ability to vary the number of passengers visible in the external model).

The VC has also been beautifully modelled and virtually every switch, button etc is functional. I was surprised to find when I bought this a few weeks ago that despite this aircraft having a constant speed prop, there was no manifold pressure gauge, but there is a download available from LH to remedy this. The other minor issue I have is that although there is an ADF on/off switch present, there is no ADF! I suspect however that this may not bother most simmers who probably never use this archaic instrument but having learned to fly in the RW in the pre-GPS days, I still like to play with the ADF occasionally!

Flight dynamics appear to be very close to what would be expected and sound quality, both internal and external, is good. A manual, clickable from the cockpit, is available providing checklists and a reasonable amount of information although there appears to be one error in the manifold pressure recommended during climb at 38 inches, which is way above the maximum permitted!

As you probably know it comes with a GNS430 and GPS500, which may be functional although I have to admit I have not used these as I have been flying it with the GTN750. It seems fully compatible with the 750, so hopefully you would find the same if you add the RXP units.

Overall however I am very happy with this aircraft and would be happy to recommend it at the normal asking price, but I note that it is 50% off at the moment, which makes it fantastic value for a very good product. I can't compare the LH Trinidad with the JF product as I don't have it, but on the basis of having purchased quite a few JF products for FSX over the years, my only comment would be that the quality of JF products can be variable.

Bill

Bought this little beauty 2 days ago and can't stay away. She's been up at least six times and is joy to fly. Lionheart has done a magnificent job of modelling, both in and out.

A steal at this discounted price--buy her, you will love her.

Sure would like to purchase but from what i have heard it  will not work with DX10.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Sure would like to purchase but from what i have heard it  will not work with DX10.

Sorry I can't help you with that Carl, as I uninstalled DX10 from FSX about a year ago.

Bill

I love this plane and been flying it since it came out. Cant get enough of it. It doesn't work in DX10 but I fly P3D so not a issue.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

As you probably know it comes with a GNS430 and GPS500, which may be functional although I have to admit I have not used these as I have been flying it with the GTN750. It seems fully compatible with the 750, so hopefully you would find the same if you add the RXP units.

Bill, have you managed to fit the GTN into the panel, or are you using it as a popup?

Bert

Hi Bert. No, I'm afraid I took the lazy way out and just use it as a popup!

Bill

Hi Bert. No, I'm afraid I took the lazy way out and just use it as a popup!

Bill

OK, in that case I think I will bet on the JustFlight version.. it comes with an integrated GTN 650.

Bert

OK, in that case I think I will bet on the JustFlight version.. it comes with an integrated GTN 650.

It does and I really like the JF version.  I also bought the LH version, but have not tried it out yet.  When I do, I will be using the GTN750 pop-up.  I know it works well with it and LH says that they are not considering putting it into the VC.

It does and I really like the JF version.  I also bought the LH version, but have not tried it out yet.  When I do, I will be using the GTN750 pop-up.  I know it works well with it and LH says that they are not considering putting it into the VC.

Oh good to see someone has both versions! Would be nice to see a brief comparison between the LH and JF versions when you get a chance please.

Bill

I'm interested in buying and adding the RXP GNS 430 & 530.

Can't really offer much of an opinion about the LH TB-21, as I only have (and enjoy) the recent JF TB-10 & TB-20 release. Ideally, it'd be complementary to the JF release, since it's a bit more sporty with that turbo-charged Lycoming.

However, I really can't recommend anyone buying the RXP units, now that Flight1 has released their GNS 430 & 530's. If you already had them, or you have other releases that you're dying to put them in, I suppose, but since they're pretty much abandonware at this point, I would really hesitate in buying them new.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

No support for the GTN 750, GNS 430/530, and no support from Bert. :smile:  All bad signs IMO at any price.

One would think that for $30 (regular price) you would at least get GTN 750 support. Too bad!

I'm waiting to see how the JF matures before adding it to my hangar.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

No support for the GTN 750, GNS 430/530, and no support from Bert. :smile:  All bad signs IMO at any price.

One would think that for $30 (regular price) you would at least get GTN 750 support. Too bad!

I'm waiting to see how the JF matures before adding it to my hangar.

I have both the JF Trinidad 10 & 20 and the LH TB21-GT and have to say that the LH is way better by all means. The JF version has a faulty modeled AP (namely the KAP150) that doesn't allow to control either the pitch or the VS of the aircraft, just the Altitude after you, by manual control actions, reach your desired altitude. In addition to this important issue with the faulty vertical mode control, with the LH TB21 you have 22 repaints. I have my JF Trinidad versions parked at my hangar, until a patch is released to correct the vertical mode control.

I suggest those eventually interested in buying the JF Trinidad to have a look at the JF forums to have a better idea of what to expect from this product.

Regretfully, LH has stated that they don't have any plans to do a VC panel integration for the GTN750/650, and recommends to have it as a pop-up, using the GTN Tool provided by F1.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

JF is actively working on an autopilot fix.

The latest test version I have seen is solid.   :smile:

Bert