Sign in to follow this  
motoadve

How can anyone complain?

Everyone wanted a next gen flightsim.

Its here its the start and only $50.

Is it finished? Not, but a good start.

I dont want to keep flying an old tech sim for 20 years, let the new one come alive!

Stop complaining , pay the $50 and see what the future will be like, no one is going to starve by spending $50.

Aerofly 2 has my support , feeling of flight is real good , which is important (real pilot here).

• Upvote 3

+1

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV 

+1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I fly FSX and P3D so I am definitely in the 20 year old sim camp, however, I do have one question.  Why is Aerofly the best option over XPlane ?  I thought XP was the new sim with 64 bit, great graphics, ongoing development, etc.

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Aerofly 2 has my support , feeling of flight is real good

Aerofly 2 seems to be a replacement for MS Flight maybe.

But can it compete with FSX and P3D?

1. Is it 64 bit?

2. Is it as easy as P3D and FSX to add 3rd party addon sceneries?

3. Is it a globe with round earth topology?

4. Can we addon external weather, ATC, Airliners, Textures like REX etc ?

5. Does it make use of Multi core, multi Processor CPUs? 

6. IS it DX12?

7. Can we add UT AI traffic

8. Can it use FSUIPC for home cockpit?

9. Can we add EZDOK  (or does it come with its own stuff that we do not need EZDOK)

What is so good about it?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

1. Is it 64 bit?

6. IS it DX12?

9. Can we add EZDOK  (or does it come with its own stuff that we do not need EZDOK)

1) Yes, it's actually 64bit only, with no 32bit version available.

2) SDK Is available upon request, and at least one 3rd party has converted a plane. http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/aerofly-fs-2-sdk.437762/

3) Yes, its a globe. Part of the delay between FS1 and FS2 was changing the coordinate system to a fully round earth, as well as a lot of other things.

4) And that's part of the problem. How many years did it take for FSX to have those things? Aerofly is in early access, and has already been asked for everything under the sun. My reaction would be "dudes, are you serious? We've been out less than three months and are in early access! Ipacs answer is yup! Working on it! (Good for them)

I myself think its gonna be like feeding piranha! :wink:

5) Yes

6) Like X-plane, its OpenGL, and like Xplane, it's already on IOS and Android. A Mac version is planned.

7) See answer 4. Beyond that, Ipacs has expressed their willingness to work on AI, and has asked users on ideas of how to implement it. On another note, Pilotedge is working with them on ATC.

8) They have just completed support for saitek panels and the sim can send flight information to an external DLL or over a network connection. It can also receive new messages from the DLL or via network. Its currently not public yet. (I would point out that DTG sim will also not be using FSUIPC)

9) It uses its own camera mode internally, but has responded favorably to requests for other types of cameras views. Primarily Ipacs have been modifying cameras and views to deal with numerous requests from VR users. Here is one post on their forums about cameras and a reply from a developer: http://www.ipacs.de/forum/showthread.php/7477-This-is-how-I-d-like-to-see-aircraft-behave-in-FS2-external-views

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I'm really impressed with AF2 (or should we call it FS2 or AFFS2?). How can we promote it more to the flight sim community?  I just posted in the P3D forum about how much better the VR experience is in FS2 (see-I mixed it up there) compared to FlyInside, as I've tried both.  There was an article in this month's PC Pilot, that's good. I'd love to see a developer add a core feature like real world weather (ATC too, although my hunch is that ipacs will add that themselves).  When that happens, it will show the enthusiasts that this is not just another Steam game but a flight sim platform for the future.

Still, AF2 may not need the support of flight sim enthusiasts to be successful and grow.  If it can continue with VR and other features that appeal to the masses (where's Slopey? We need AH2 for AF2!), it can grow its market share I think.  Then the developers will jump on board.

2) SDK Is available upon request, and at least one 3rd party has converted a plane. http://www.fsdevelop...s-2-sdk.437762/

Thanks for that link, very interesting. If 3rd parties are successful in porting aircraft I think interest will ramp up quickly.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Would also like to see 3rd party custom airport scenery.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

1. Is it 64 bit?

6. IS it DX12?

I have a slightly different take on things. 

1. Is it 64 bit?

Yes

It is easier than P3D but uses a similar tech to DTG direct scenery in FSX Steam in that it uses Steam to install sceneries. 

Yes, but most of the world isnt modeled. Only the South West US and Switzerland. Even in these areas, its not complete as many airports are not modeled at all. So you have most of the world that isn't usable. At its current pace, you will have to pay for the world one piece at a time. 

Not at this time. They opened up an SDK for 3PD's but so far no notable ones have jumped on board.

So far it is an amazing performer, but you have to recognize that in most of the coverage area its just flat photoreal. No way of telling how it performs with more fleshed out autogen. 

6. IS it DX12?

No. And I dont see this as a bad thing as DX12 is still only limited to Windows 10 and has its own restrictions. 

No. At this time there is no AI traffic at all and the liveries that exist are woefully outdated. 

No. At this time is doesnt have a competitor to Simconnect which would allow this customization. But the dev has been adding support for some basic Saitek hardware. 

No. Again, the SDK may allow this, but the current camera system is severely limited.  

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Well, I've decided to jump on board. Currently waiting for the thing to download which will take about three hours.....

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

Strange that no-one has asked how good the flight models are.

That, for me, is more important than most other things.

All these things...

1. Is it 64 bit? ----- NOT the holy grail

2. Is it as easy as P3D and FSX to add 3rd party addon sceneries? --- We are used to that, so addin to FSX & P3d have become 2nd nature!

3. Is it a globe with round earth topology? This matters, because?

5. Does it make use of Multi core, multi Processor CPUs? Does this make us fly better?

6. IS it DX12? Windows 10 only! & this matters because?

7. Can we add UT AI traffic UT is certainly not the Holy Grail, & I'm sure Aerofly is not compatible!

8. Can it use FSUIPC for home cockpit? FSUIPC not compatible!

IMHO, it is irrelevant & useless to compare with FSX or P3D.

Aerofly, as we know, is a totally different sim, with no compatibility with anything else, & is unfinished at this stage.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Not at this time. They opened up an SDK for 3PD's but so far no notable ones have jumped on board.

Well.......... 

The forum was just full of ecstasy about Lionhearts Trinidad TB21 GT Turbo, and I think he's pretty well known...... http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/aerofly-fs-2-sdk.437762/

Devons rig