Sign in to follow this  
lencarne

upgrade

I bought my boxed version of the 737NGX privately a few years back. It seems I am unable to upgrade to SP1d as I did not buy direct off PMDG or flightsimstore. Is this correct?  I also found that it is not possible to raise a ticket on PMDG any more - just access to their rather scanty 'Knowledge Base'.  I have SP1c at the moment which I did manage to update somewhere and now need the SP1d in order to get a virtual CDU up and running on a tablet.

TIA

Is this correct?

No. A cursory search here or on google would point you here:

http://support.aerosoft.com/details.php?dl=V8mcswAEb9cRWab3LqyJ6KvDmS%2F3E%2B0gRy3HGnOlMyo6FG3V%2Fg6haRtgmIjf%2FPldeEAqcRmY4A21sRG7VT9YaQ%3D%3D

I also found that it is not possible to raise a ticket on PMDG any more

Not true. You just have to log in first - top right. The account there is unique, so you need to create one if you haven't before.

Kyle Rodgers

Download the update from Aerosoft at - http://support.aerosoft.com/index.php?action=show&dl=VWRWowAEoXyW12Hn4XuNt4TcwT1CPwKBld5Z5Wa5ek5Tf5zUUjSjfuOKS2G7RJOxXlhV1sI1MNnNIPTDBnleXQ%3D%3D.This update is the full installer. Uninstall the NGX from your computer using the Control Panel>Programs and Features. Then install the download. Run the OC before uninstall and after install to restore your liveries.

No. A cursory search here or on google would point you here:

http://support.aerosoft.com/details.php?dl=V8mcswAEb9cRWab3LqyJ6KvDmS%2F3E%2B0gRy3HGnOlMyo6FG3V%2Fg6haRtgmIjf%2FPldeEAqcRmY4A21sRG7VT9YaQ%3D%3D

Not true. You just have to log in first - top right. The account there is unique, so you need to create one if you haven't before.

Sorry, I was logged in... I will try again though based on your advice.

I did try to download there - entered the product key/registration key (is there a difference?) and had a message saying INVALID key. I tried twice to contact them for support and was told to provide an invoice which of course I dont have. 

Sorry, I was logged in... I will try again though based on your advice.

Once you log in, you should find four large blue buttons: Home, Knowledge Base, News, Tickets. Click on Tickets and then "Start Ticket."

I did try to download there - entered the product key/registration key (is there a difference?) and had a message saying INVALID key. I tried twice to contact them for support and was told to provide an invoice which of course I dont have. 

In re-reading your initial post, I'm assuming "privately" means between yourself and some other person who had previously purchased it. The license that person had for the software is non-transferrable. As such, the sale to you was not per that license, as it is and will always be the primary purchaser's license, and sharing is not allowed.

Kyle Rodgers

Once you log in, you should find four large blue buttons: Home, Knowledge Base, News, Tickets. Click on Tickets and then "Start Ticket."

In re-reading your initial post, I'm assuming "privately" means between yourself and some other person who had previously purchased it. The license that person had for the software is non-transferrable. As such, the sale to you was not per that license, as it is and will always be the primary purchaser's license, and sharing is not allowed.

Using the link you supplied is the one I tried using before. The first time it worked but the zip file was corrupt so I tried again but then i got incorrect serial key message. Does it only allow one download? I dont see how it knows I am not the original buyer either...

Sounds like you were ripped off by the "private seller" who had already activated the product.

Stephen Forsgren

Using the link you supplied is the one I tried using before. The first time it worked but the zip file was corrupt so I tried again but then i got incorrect serial key message. Does it only allow one download? I dont see how it knows I am not the original buyer either...

I'm not sure how Aerosoft does their stuff. That's something to contact Aerosoft about. All the same, the sale of the DVD was not proper.

Kyle Rodgers