Sign in to follow this  
newtie

WOAI question

Hi WOAI users-

I came across this on YouTube. Is it this easy? 

Can I theoretically replace all models in P3D with more frame rate friendly models, losing UT2?

I see this could take a bit of time but might be well worth it.

Let me know if you get a minute.

Cheers and thanks,

Mark

I tried installing WOAI in an empty directory which simulated P3D directory structure.  Omg what a mess.  I even figured out a way to install it better but in the end.  This is a vas hog in P3D and it is unoptimized.  Some packages have fs2004 related files.  For me it is time to move on from this.

I do not like p3d directory getting filled with mess everywhere.  Mytraffic6 is better option as all its files are outside anyway.  I can do the same for WOAI but there is a VAS hit and I am on VR (so VAS requirements are tight as is).

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

There is an easier way to get World of AI into P3D, than the method shown in the video. Just copy the W of AI files from the two folders in FSX and paste into the corresponding folder in P3D. Boom... you are done. Do it all in one batch - worked great for me! Took less than 2 minutes.

I believe the two folders are Simobjects>Airplanes (all the W of AI files) and Scenery>World, again the W of AI named files.

I have often thought about this whole thing. The apparatus already exists in P3D to display AI, but didn't know this could be altered by adding additional models in this way.

Can this procedure be used to bring in additional aircraft to UT2?

There is also a downloader on the woai forum that automatically downloads every package for you in about 5 minutes.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot_zps560238d1.jpg

I was able to download all the files and then move them to the new prepar3d addons folders and manually edited simobjects file and was able to do a proper install without messing up my p3d root directory.  The New p3d addons file structure helps.  I know this is very advanced setup.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

There is an easier way to get World of AI into P3D, than the method shown in the video. Just copy the W of AI files from the two folders in FSX and paste into the corresponding folder in P3D. Boom... you are done. Do it all in one batch - worked great for me! Took less than 2 minutes.

I believe the two folders are Simobjects>Airplanes (all the W of AI files) and Scenery>World, again the W of AI named files.

You sure it will not cause any problem and will not invalid warranty of P3D that will result into loss of free technical support by them

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Buyer beware once you load all of these ai in your  Simobjects>Airplanes folder and all the bgl's in the world scenery folder your sim will not load as fast as it use to - downside of not having a P3D native UT2 program which doesnt work this way and still cant get any aircraft to move in P3D using UT2 - not found one smarty pants that knows why

Rich Sennett

Richard,

I hope you are not referring to World of AI?????? Is World of AI ok for P3D V3.4?

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Richard,

I hope you are not referring to World of AI?????? Is World of AI ok for P3D V3.4?

Regards,

Aharon

No UT2 ai dont move as for sim loading slower yup that will happen for sure

Rich Sennett

Ok thanks  I guess I have to find freeware AI packages that work for P3D

signCopy.jpg

WOAI work flawlessly in P3D.

Only need to play a bit with AIFP, to convert flight plans to FSX format and check those for possible errors.

Artur 

I use WOAI, update the flight plans with current AIG files, find as many FSX ai as possible and use those planes. It has to all be done "by hand". Once you have a traffic bgl it has to be updated to proper FSX to work in P3D. Don Grovestine's AIFP will do that for you automatically. The result is quite good in P3D.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Oh no that means too much work modifying World of AI for P3D use.

DARN OUT OF MY LUCK!

Is there any freeware or payware P3D compatible AI traffic that is not memory resource intensive, please?

signCopy.jpg

Aharon, it is not big job to setup WOAI for P3D.

Whole process will take maybe 10 min, and i think WOAI has quite good models, way better than payware MyTraffic...

Really worth to try...

Artur