Sign in to follow this  
Chaos81

777-LR 23 hour flight

If it's on schedule (From takeoff) it should be landing within an hour. However the tracker above lost contact over the Atlantic, Although the newairplane.com site makes it sounds like the plane already landed successfuly. I sure hope it's the later and nothing happened, because it's kind of odd a GPS tracker would lose contact!!Edit: Well I been watching the news, and can't find anything on it, one way or the other, so I guess in this case no news is good news!! If something happened, I'm sure they'd be all over it!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest Dakota

>I reckon that the flight is a bit of a con really -- sure,>the aircraft will fly 12500 miles , but with only 35>passengers. If they really want to show what the a/c can do ,>it should have a full load - lets see how far it can fly>then!>>BarryThe 777-200LR is the first comercial passenger plane that can fly between any two cities in the world, non stop. What more could you want.

According to both the BBC and CNN, the Boeing team landed at about 13:00 GMT at Heathrow. Congratulations to all aboard!

>According to both the BBC and CNN, the Boeing team landed at>about 13:00 GMT at Heathrow. Congratulations to all aboard! Great to hear!! Congrats to all involved and to Boeing!!! That means they were even a half hour early!!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest bjjones

22 hours 42 minutes and 11,664nm/21,601km covered.Well done Boeing and everyone else involved!!!

Guest Gordius

If anyone else was watching their progress I noticed that the all was fine until they approached Lands End at about which time status went to "unknown". In the office many were sure "thay have run out of petrol".Andrew BrownRoaring Thirtieshttp://www.gordiusfs.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/192029.png

Guest Dakota

Here is a picture of touch down. Looks like they made it to me.

Not to mention that it's probably still undergoing certification trials and therefore can't officially carry passengers :)So they put on people who can (with some fantasy) be termed as required for testing the aircraft, like the CEO and CFO :)

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Sweet! Nice job Boeing!-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying!A pilot pulled out a .38 revolver and placed it on top of the instrument panel, then told the navigator "I use this on navigators who get me lost!"The navigator pulled out a .45 and placed it on his chart table. The pilot asked, "What's that for?""To be honest sir," the navigator replied, "I'll know we're lost before you will."

Guest bobsk8

I met the Chief Pilot,Suzanna Darcy-Hennemann, on this flight at the Avsim convention, and spoke with her after her speech. She answered some questions that I had, in depth. I am glad that she got to make this flight. She deserves a big round of applause from the flying community.

I've done a 32 hour nonstop flight at one time. Only interruptions to get a drink or go to the toilet.Was in the Clipper, so only a 2 axis Sperry autopilot and the weather had me flying 20 hours at 500ft over the sea (which is why it took so long, planned flight time was like 24 hours).Normally I don't do flights of over about 10 hours though (and those maybe once every few weeks on average).

Guest rmce

BBC news had reporter on aircraft and he gave a nice report of the experience. They saw Chicago on a cloudless night, multiple sunrises/sunsets, and in general he was knocked out by the ability to walk up to flight deck! It was record making flight, with Guiness record checker on board watching every course change etc.The BBC guy was emulating death at end of flight!Nice report and nice record for Boeing.

She does that! She's a great and inspirational person, and a role model for hopefully thousands of young women to follow. Her talk at the AVSIM Convention was one that I wished we could have recorded and kept for posterity.