Sign in to follow this  
Big_Duke

Persistent Video Card Error - Code 43

This is the error message received in the Device Manager properties listing for my video card: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

Pertinent info: WIN7-64 bit, SP1, Home Professional; Zotac 4GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 PCIe 3.0 card; ASRock Z97 OC Formula Mobo.

The predominant solution I found on the internet is to uninstall the device using the WIN Device Manager and then use the rescan function to reinstall the video card. After rescanning, the Device Manager does recognize that the GTX 980 is present and changes the message to "This device cannot work properly until you restart your computer. (Code 14). This worked the first few times over several weeks, but now no longer does and the Device Manager reverts to reporting the Code 43 message as if I'm trapped in a maddening do-loop.

I have also tried using System Restore with multiple, different restore points; several different versions of the video card driver; re-seating the card; and also moving the card to a different PCI slot. Also tried the Device Diagnostic tool from the Microsoft Support web page - still no joy.

I'm beginning to think my card gave up the ghost, but before I spring for a new card, I wanted to check if anyone has heard of any other solutions to the Code 43 problem. The card is powered as the fans do work when the PC is powered on, but I can't use any other video card utilities to check the card as WIN keeps stopping the device from loading. I'd like to stop short of drastic solutions like reinstalling WIN7 if possible as I dread having to reinstall P3D and all my add ons after the Registry is zapped and replaced with a new one. I'd almost rather surrender and move to WIN10!

Any ideas would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance!