Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

MilViz F86 - Two Issues

I did not have this in DX9 so it must somehow have been impacted with DX10, perhaps someone knows how to adjust for these issues.

1.  the exterior view, the glass canopy disappears only the metal bars area showing.

2.  When the entire set of interior lights are adjusted, on the last click for brightness the lighting goes completely overboard bleaching bright.

Any ideas on this one, or anyone else experience similar issues?

BRYAN-PC-2016-sep-2-014.jpg

BRYAN-PC-2016-sep-2-015.jpg

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I don't own this aircraft however if the canopy is really clean you may only see the radio antena imbeded in the top. I can't remember if this was done on the F-86, however it was on some fighters. The last click on the lights might be for lights used in thunderstorms to offset lighting.

Just a educated guess.

RLJR

My guess is its a similar issue with alpha testing to the freeware Duck described here which I looked into and the author  kindly adjusted.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/465842-question-for-steve-about-window-glass/?hl+%2Bduck

It was raised with Milviz in 2011 and they promised to address it in an update

http://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=2540

I see that there was a SP in 2012 - did that not fix it?

However regardless if you send me a PM with an email address and your order number I will send you a download for a prerelease of the fixer 3.1 which I hope will address it.  If you read below I purchased the Just Flight Trinidad TB21 and found another alpha test issue so I finally decided to fully implement all the alpha testing options that were missed from DX10.

oh I imagine the lights is a bloom issue, even with bloom unticked some bloom options stil work in Dx10 - check the bloom dialog

do you have the two limits checked and is headlight bloom set to Always off?

For some reason I am not getting the email notifications even though I am subscribed.  Anyway I'll send you the info, thanks.

Near CAM3

PM sent.

Interesting reads in links.  Some strong "attitude" on the Milviz side...perhaps its a language thing.

I am not sure why developers might "try" to provide support on issues if they can find the time, it might sell more of their product.  I only bought their F-86 this year for instance now that I have a newer high end PC.

I'll check the bloom issue.

Yup, got the gauge brightness issue fixed thanks.

Near CAM3

I did not have this in DX9 so it must somehow have been impacted with DX10, perhaps someone knows how to adjust for these issues.

1. the exterior view, the glass canopy disappears only the metal bars area showing.

Bryan, I have the Milviz F86 running in DX10 with the fixer and the canopy appears normal (with reflections) in the external view so I don't think it's a general problem with DX10. Similarly, I don't think that it's a problem with the model or I would be getting the same problem as you and I'm not. Not sure if it's significant but I'm running FSX in Windows 10 Pro, 64bit with a GTX 970 (at 2560x1440) and the 368.81 NVIDIA drivers.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Couldn't edit my post above for some reason! As Steve said, make sure that you have SP1 installed as this addressed problems with the canopy in DX10 amongst other things.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

FYI I have been working with Steve on fixes.

He has provided me with solutions to solve these two issues. I'll let him post or provide and technical input around how they were fixed.

Near CAM3