Sign in to follow this  
Guest paulri

Opinions on T-37 Tweet

Guest JIMJAM

Ive been thinking about getting this plane for sometime but considering its age and a update Ive been hearing about for over a year, would like some feedback. At $30 its not in my whats there to lose category but up there in price with the latest greatest releases.VC graphics,gauge fluidity,problems running under fs9 ect.Also can you fly the plane from vc? Pop ups in vc? Thanks ahead of time

I bought the Tweet a couple of years ago and it has held a place as one of my favorite aircraft to fly. One of the best IFR training platforms for FS2002/2004 IMHO. I say this because of the excellent flight dynamics, the way the gauges look in the 2d as well as VC panel including the way they move and best of all the way it responds to your input.Now about a year ago I got involved with the beta for the next Tweet which has totally fluid VC gauge movement. It was moving along nicely till half the development team got deployed. Understand I am not part of the development team itself, just a beta tester. I have been working hard to help get this free upgrade finished up and released before the holidays. The VC night lighting seems to be the last hurdle and we are making fantastic progress in that area.You do realize that this is a Flight1 wrapper product don't you? That means that if you are not completely satisfied you can return it within 30 days. That should be plenty of time to test it out on your system and see how you like it. The wrapper gets you version 1.02 and I would recommend that you do update to version 1.03 which is available for separate download on their website.Hope you find it as enjoyable as I have and when we finally get the upgrade out it will blow a lot of people away.Have fun flyin'Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest JIMJAM

Thanks for the reply. Just wondering how well the plane has aged. The vc pics look really dated but you cannot always go by a picture. Most info I have found and opinions are really old which has me a little nervous. Earlier in life I spent a good deal of time with the tweet and have 15% hearing loss in one ear to prove it.

The version of the T-37 that's currently available for purchase was a winner when it was first released a couple of years ago, and it still is. The update makes it even better.In the currently available version... Fluidity of gauges in the VC is comparable to MSFS default. VC graphics are photorealistic and acceptable. You can fly from the VC, but you have to use the 2d panel to start engines, etc. No problems running under FS9.In the updated version due out shortly... Fluidity of the gauges is state of the art. VC graphics are photorealistic and gorgeous. You can do everything from the VC, and all switches are clickable. Still no problems running under FS9. :)Some other things that make it special... The documentation is really, really good, the airplane flies to the real world numbers, and the aircraft systems are modeled so well that real world Air Force pilots going through UPT use the sim for practice. There are a lot of training jets modeled for MSFS, both payware and freeware, but the T-37 is in a class of its own.As for your hearing... two really good sound sets are included, and if you're not careful you'll lose some hearing in the other ear. :)

[body][p class="1MainBody" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: normal"][span style="FONT-SIZE: 18pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: 'Brush Script MT'"]Best

Hello JIMJAMI have the T37 and it well worth buying, a flight sim classic this one.I am waiting for the update which will make this even better.The VC is very well done with superb gauges and the documentation is the best around.

Guest JIMJAM

Too late cause my other ear has around 10% loss or so they say. Thanks, Im seriously considering getting it.

Guest JIMJAM

Ok I bought the tweet. Question Did the install program make a additional FS9.cfg that is used for the tweet or did it rebuild a new one?All my previous settings were wiped out and I had to reset everything along with my saitek x45.I run alot of other programs,ASV,BEV,UT ect and wondering if it did delete the original cfg file if its going to effect those programs?BTW-Looks better than I expected but I still have not been able to map my j stick button to get the speed brake to work.

Guest paulri

Hi Guys,For an old retired Army Aviator who never flew the Tweet, but gets to listen to it as it flies over my house on a daily basis into HPAAF (FSI) out of Sheppard AFB, I would llike nothing more than to get this aircraft and try flying it. Anyone care to do me a favor and post a link??Thanks,Paul EDIT: After 20 years of flying Army helicopters, from the H-13 up to and including the CH-47 with the Huey/Cobra series thrown in for good measure, I am deaf as a post--or so my wife tells me. :-lol

>Understand I am not part of the development team>itself, just a beta tester. I have been working hard to help>get this free upgrade finished up and released before the>holidays. The VC night lighting seems to be the last hurdle>and we are making fantastic progress in that area.If they need any help with the VC lighting, I do know a thing or two on the subject... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>Too late cause my other ear has around 10% loss or so they>say. Thanks, Im seriously considering getting it.You also need to put a nice stiff section of a 2x6 board across your chair to sit on while flying it. And when flying it in the summer, turn all the air conditioning off in the room and sit in the direct sun. Ah, the memories...CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Hi Jimjam,As I recall, it makes an additional file called T37.cfg, but leaves your original fs9.cfg file intact. If you're going to fly the T-37, you start up FS with the T37 file to enable its special features. ASV, BEV, and UT should be unaffected. They'll work just as before whether you start up FS9 conventionally or via the T37 startup file.As for the speed brake, the manual will tell you to map your joystick to the Backup Vacuum Pump, not the default spoiler. Have fun with it!

[body][p class="1MainBody" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: normal"][span style="FONT-SIZE: 18pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: 'Brush Script MT'"]Best

Guest JIMJAM

Thanks for the help. I finally dug through the VERY in depth manual and figured it out. You know the deal gotta new toy and want to play first. Man that woman and those alarms!!! Didnt know I was that sloppy.Only have a few hops but my overall impression is good. Seems like a great learning tool or for those procedure fanatics yet easy just to hop in and go.

Guest JIMJAM

My clouds,sun and horizon all appear to be low rez. Im running Active sky and use Flight enviroments dxt3 clouds.I reloaded the clouds a few times,loaded the 512 textures and double checked all my graphics settings. Everything else appears ok.Also , how do you get rid of that annoying warning when you pull your power back to idle?First xcounrty with it from Vandenberg to Nellis enroute. Fun