Sign in to follow this  
Guest paulri

Opinions on T-37 Tweet

Hi Bill,I already told Jamal to contact you... he said he's met you before. I'll remind him about our earlier discussion cause yes, I know you know quite a bit about lighting effects.Best wishes,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Hi Jimjam,Good to hear you've got the Tweet now. Yes, as already stated the T-37 does create a new separate cfg unique to its operation. It will not change any of your normal FS9 settings you already had programmed for flying your other aircraft but it is advisable to fly the Tweet from its own icon. You should go over all your joystick assignments and display settings/options to ensure they are set to your liking (they reverted to default settings for the Tweet). Possibly something in the weather settings needs to be configured to make it look right.That annoying warning when you pull power back under 70% thrust can be disabled with the horn silence button on the switch panel or in the 2d panel the landing gear override button next to the gear lever will also work (this is not what the override does in real life if you remember ;) ).Have lots of fun flyin it,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest JIMJAM

Yeah right now I have both the fs9 and t37 cfgs and comparing them.Im making changes as we speak.My next project is to replace the engine sounds. That scrubbing noise is driving me mad.

>That scrubbing noise is driving me mad. Which sound set are you using? In the configuration manager you can switch between a set of sounds recorded in the Tweet and a set of sounds just for the sim. I like the realistic sound set but try both to see which you prefer. I don't know of any other sound sets for the Tweet.I do know there is a fantastic Randolph AFB freeware scenery by James Shaddox that I highly recommend, wish he did all the Tweet training bases, Randolph is where the instructors get their training.If the sound you are talking about is for the landing lights, that is finally changed in the next upgrade. The animation in the earlier version used the Concord movable nose animation control and we couldn't separate it from that awful sound.Back to flyin'Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest JIMJAM

The problem was the t37.cfg was set to 16 instead of 32. That explains the cloud textures.Im guessing this is the realistic soundset. Im pretty good at cutomizing sounds and use fsstudio. Although I see both sets of stock and real life sound files, I think the sound.cfg is for the stock sounds. The realistic looks like a dat file.Look forward to the new update. The only real thing that stands out that would make an improvment, other than the engine sounds, is the vc suffers from that invisible glass appearance. Some reflections would really be awesome.

Guest paulri

Hi Dave and Ken,Thanks to both of you for the link. Got it bookmarked.Regards,Paul