Sign in to follow this  
rickjs

Push back

Is there a way to tell from the external views how many feet I can go back then left or right before hitting the terminal?

dont  know  unsless  you go to spot  view  from above,  but   gsx  does  a  decent  job  or push  back etc

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

It depends on the terminal you're at and the aircraft you're using! ;) 

There's a useful freeware add-on called groundhandling (latest version was 5 I believe).

Or, if you're using FSOpen Clouds then it has enhanced pushback: You can hold down 1 or 2 to turn the aircraft as far as you require. 

I just eyeball it in locked spot, panning around as necessary.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

If you don't want leave your cockpit view while in pushback, you can create a new window (Top-down view) size it and slide it to wherever is convenient.   Since you can increase or decrease the zoom level, this window becomes quite useful for not only pushbacks, but also, if flying large aircraft, clearances at wing tips and when turning on various taxiways the centre line disappears under you.   Remember, you need to click on that window to make adjustments and then set your focus back onto the cockpit when finished.   Airliners do have this capability using fuselage and nose wheel cameras, so this is not a great deviation from the actual.

• Upvote 1

Edward, that might be $39 more than the OP is willing to pay....however it does look amazing. :cool:

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Edward, that might be $39 more than the OP is willing to pay....however it does look amazing.

Yea  maybe  but  its more  than  just a push back addon,  you get catering  follow  me  to  and  from rwy, deice   etc

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

True facts, Pete!

Mind you I mainly fly cargo and pack my sandwiches and coffee before getting on board  :P

Does a follow me vehicle take the place of progressive taxi in the stock FSX or is it only in special circumstances?

Mark Robinson

Does a follow me vehicle take the place of progressive taxi in the stock FSX or is it only in special circumstances?

you can use the follow me to the active rwy or back from the rwy to the parking in any instances you want to

• Upvote 1

Peter kelberg

Thanks Pete.

Mark Robinson

GSX - Worth every nickle. 

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440