Sign in to follow this  
captain420

ASCA and REX Texture Direct 4/Soft Clouds

I just bought AS16 and ASCA. I am currently using REX Texture Direct 4 with Soft Clouds. Before I start messing with ASCA, do I need to disable or uninstall REX or anything? I'm afraid of the 2 products (ASCA+REX) causing some sort of conflicts and messing up my sim.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

No, you'll be fine - if you activate ASCA, it will replace the REX textures for clouds and vice versa, but nothing will be lost.

I've now deactivated the cloud injection in REX and just use ASCA in Full Dynamics mode which i feel is pretty awesome as it dynmically injects different cloud textures as the weather changes and it does it seamlessly.

enjoy :)

Thanks, so if I don't load up ASCA, it will continue to use my REX textures, and if I load ASCA, it will inject the new textures on top of REX and vice versa?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Thanks, so if I don't load up ASCA, it will continue to use my REX textures, and if I load ASCA, it will inject the new textures on top of REX and vice versa?

No. Both ASCA and REX are texture replacement add-ons. This means that they overwrite bitmap files e.g. for the sky, the clouds, etc. in the sim. If you run ASCA and let it install the textures then any textures that are currently installed in the sim for clouds and sky will be replaced. They will stay there (even if you start the simulator without starting ASCA) until either you let ASCA install other textures or you run REX again and overwrite the textures with the ones from REX.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I wasn't aware or recall that ASCA over wrote or replace my textures. Because I am running AS16+ASCA over a network setup. Once I hit activate theme in ASCA it says on my sim screen in the top green bar that ASCA is loading and somehow injects those textures. It never copied any files, unless thats what its doing behind the scenes after I click ACTIVATE THEME.

Yes, that's what ASCA ( or REX, or FEX, or any other) is doing. The various texture files are replaced and used until a) they are replaced by ASCA in dynamic mode, replaced by ASCA by installing a theme or replaced by REX/FEX/etc by installing their theme.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I am running ASCA and will use Rex Texture Direct also, do I start Text Dir first then ASCA, is there a way for ASCA to load Text Dir auto with ASCA?

Thanks ress

6 hours ago, ress said:

I am running ASCA and will use Rex Texture Direct also, do I start Text Dir first then ASCA, is there a way for ASCA to load Text Dir auto with ASCA?

Thanks ress

if  you want  to use  rex text    instead of  asca  make  sure  you untick  the options in asca  in settings,  once  you have  selected  the texture  from rex  no need  to open  rex  again unless  you want  to  change.   than  run  asca  as  normal   as  you would normally  do

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

On 9/3/2016 at 7:34 PM, captain420 said:

I just bought AS16 and ASCA. I am currently using REX Texture Direct 4 with Soft Clouds. Before I start messing with ASCA, do I need to disable or uninstall REX or anything? I'm afraid of the 2 products (ASCA+REX) causing some sort of conflicts and messing up my sim.

no need  to uninstall anything, if  you want  to use  rex   just make  sure  you unitick  the clouds  etc  in the asca options   than  do  everything  as  you would  normally  do  do

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hello Gianluca,

If both programs are installed there is no way to disable the auto launch. 

Thanks! 

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W