Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Just purchased the Fixer. :cool:

No going back now. I knew my setup of FSX Steam Edition worked with DX10 preview, barring the usual white aircraft etc. (I have a lot of freeware, so no big deal financially if it doesn't work). Installed the Fixer painlessly. Tweaked my GFX with the Nvidia Inspector. SWEET! Left the Fixer's buttons and sliders alone for now.

Had an issue with a semi transparent aeroplane flying in the dawn light, but reset it's alpha channel to white and no more x-ray vision.

Running an msi nvidia GTX 960 2Gb - not overclocked so speed is just under 1200 MHz. CPU is i7 950 at 3.07 GHz. 24Gb of RAM. Windows 7 ultimate 64bit. So CPU will use the buffers as it's faster - do I have to set them in fsx.cfg?

Any quick tips from the more knowledgeable peeps out there? I've skimmed through the extensive manual and used the how to guide from NZFSIM.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I mean my sim is up and running smooth, but I haven't checked over all my aircraft and sceneries yet.

Thanks Steve!

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Hello Mark, thanks and welcome.

on invisible aircraft - read the manual re 8 bit textures.  For some unknown reason the alpha channel on these gets inverted inside FSX when in  DX10 preview  - there is a batch tool supplied to convert then to DXT1 which restores the correct alpha processing.

• Upvote 1

Running an msi nvidia GTX 960 2Gb - not overclocked so speed is just under 1200 MHz. CPU is i7 950 at 3.07 GHz. 24Gb of RAM. Windows 7 ultimate 64bit. So CPU will use the buffers as it's faster - do I have to set them in fsx.cfg?

Do you mean the Bufferpools?  If so use the Fixer to set them (and other important settings).  In the upper left corner of the Fixer click on "FSX Settings", then click on "fsx.cfg". 

HTH

Greg

• Upvote 1

Thanks Steve - I tried that but it said something about the model not being legacy. Well the model is a POSKY 744, however, someone gave me a repaint for it which was done in FS9. When I ran it in native FSX:SE DX9 it was so shiny it had been wrapped in cling film and was almost totally reflective. I played with the alpha channels of the textures and it worked.

However, of course it wasn't acceptable in DX10 :) I manually gave the textures a solid white alpha channel and it works fine now. Not sure how to go about increasing the glossiness a little without making the plane begin to go transparent.

Greg - I've looked at that settings page - the CPU was already selected. I wasn't sure what numbers to use in the drop down boxes though :cool:

Overall my rig works, it's just down to fiddling with stuff as and when I find any issues :cool: We all like tweaking settings LOL!

Here's a Thomas Ruth A330-200 looking rather nice over Tenerife..

2016-9-3_11-47-50-574_zps7ffvlho5.png

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)