Sign in to follow this  
stevewhatmore

UK2000 Aberdeen released

Thanks for the heads up WingZ.

I noticed there is a helicopter overlay AFCAD for FSX and P3D. I wonder why there is not one for FS9?

I noticed there is a helicopter overlay AFCAD for FSX and P3D. I wonder why there is not one for FS9?

Hello Joseph,

I said I would make an overlay afcad for Aberdeen. It's quite a tricky business to get an overlay to work well.

My overlay has the airport code 2GPD (as opposed to EGPD) but keeping the same comms frequencies. So AI heli flight plans are to 2GPD but you can still hear airliner traffic cleared to EGPD etc.

I only activated Heli runways 05/23 and 14/32 leaving out Rwy36

The main problem with uploading the overlay is the EGPD afcad needs to be preened to suit.

So rather than get emails saying this or that does not work....I thought I would not bother.

I'll try to reconstruct my previous effort - can't remember if I previously saw vanishing airliners, certainly there's a problem with the current install.  

I'll try to reconstruct my previous effort - can't remember if I previously saw vanishing airliners, certainly there's a problem with the current install.  

You have mail...... as do you Joseph.   :wink:

This from the UK2000 announcement:

Update for Aberdeen is now available

V1.02   
              Added E1 sign
              Add New International TDZ
              Stand 4 Cabin is now removable (file egpd_4.bgl )
              NHV buildings changed
              Added Airline codes to AFD
              Added GSX Files for FSX and P3D

I have not changed the angle of Stand 17, as I need a new aerial image to accurately remake the lines.
Bizjets static opposite stand 17 have not changed, Im ok with them there. If users dont want them then you can turn off static and set up a entire AI scene. 

There is compromise with stands 12 to 20, to prevent FSX/P3D generated Airport Vehicles inside the walkway these stands are set as 'RAMP GA' It is the only way I know to prevent airport vehicles and tugs.

If this is problem for GSX users, then you have set these stands  to Gate using ADE and TURN OFF default airport vehicles. 

Joseph - if you enjoy seeing AI helicopters I strongly recommend Heli Traffic 2009. It's available at Flight One. It will give you absolutely realistic AI helicopters and is incredibly easy to use

It will give you absolutely realistic AI helicopters and is incredibly easy to use

I think you need a bit of both.

Realistic AI hello action at Aberdeen would be normal AI which taxi/return to/from the active. (same at Humberside)

However when you get out to the oil/gas fields its nice to see the odd chopper taking off and landing on a pad which normal AI will not do. (well they might takeoff but not land)

So have normal AI at EGPD (or in fact 2GPD) and Heli traffic out in the fields.

I think you need a bit of both.
Sadly I had to agree, despite my AI Pumas for reasons still unknown, never taking off anywhere!

I fudge the two as Ed suggests, and out in the fields there are Pumas aplenty (as F1 objects).

Incidentally with the ODG rigs I see there are AFCADs which means the AI helos will "land" away from the rig, and then scoot in horizontally.

Does anyone know if I have to uninstall the Aberdeen scenery before installing the new update? 

You have mail...... as do you Joseph.   :wink:

Thank you Ed. I was just about to send you a PM asking you about them.

I just ran the installer.

Make a backup in case you don't like what it does. (wisdom after the event here, doh)

Just a quick note to say that Gary has "updated the update", as the TDZ runway markings were apparently incorrect.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Interesting info about heavy choppers using a runway and doing a rolling takeoff. Now that I think about it, I remember seeing a Wessex that was supporting oil drilling ops doing that many years ago in Dili, Timor. Because the only choppers I ever see are usually smaller aircraft that do vertical take-offs and landings, I had forgotten about the rolling take-off technique... Thanks for the information - now I'll have to rethink some of my sceneries...

:Nerd:

Harald is usually quick off the mark with this, might have missed it:

AES 2.44 now has Aberdeen support.

Might have another look at those AFD files...  

Oh, thanks for the heads-up regarding AES. I indeed missed that; I feel that AES is not that well advertised by Aerosoft these days anymore.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Yes... almost 100MB download to get myself one FS9 airport! 

Diminishing returns.

Be good if the "new" AES with all the nice features does work with FS2004.