Sign in to follow this  
pecquais

GPS 430/530 crash

ProAtc/X loads a plan into Prepar3D only and nothing to the GPS

IF you can pull up the flight log in Prepar3D and see that plan... that IS the GPS... they are one and the same as far as the sim is concerned.

You can't use multiple flight plan sources and expect good behavior.  Just not possible.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ed, thanks for your patience working with me on this. After telling ProAtc/X to load the flight plan to P3D ATC knows the plan but there is nothing in the flight log when you pull it up. I'm not sure how it works, but unless you enter the same plan into the GPS there is no flight plan source. So that's why I'm trying to get the plan loaded in the 530. Otherwise ATC has the plan but I have nothing on the moving map for reference.

Why are you loading the flight plan into Prepar3D?  What would Prepar3D need it for?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

The default ATC?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

• The GPS flightplan for FSX can be generated and loaded automatically

If you have it doing this... it must not do this.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

CTD also on GNS530/430 units when not using a flightplan in the default P3Dv3.3 but selecting D> (direct to) and entering the ICAO airport code, and pressing enter on the unit. System freezes then CTD a few seconds later.

Gary

Using Win10 and version 1.20 of the GNS

Using third party scenery updates for navaids and airports?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

...Same here: CTD after upgrading to P3D 3.4. Using FSUIPC last version and the navupdates from this French Guy.

Had no problems with version 3.2. If I deactivate FSUIPC, the GNS430 is working, no crash after entering a flight plan. However, I need FSUIPC for my PFC hardware.

Already filed a service ticket some weeks ago, no solution yet. Temporarily switched to Flight1 GNS430.

Thomas Horn

Yes - I'm using FSUIPC and P3Dv3.4. Same here, disable FSUIPC and there is no crash.

Any ideas? .....apart from disabling FSUIPC ;-)

And Ed I'm not using 3rd party scenery navaid updates.

Regarding the FSUIPC crash, there's nothing I can say on that at this time.  I know that's a horrible response, but I am limited in what I can say for now.  We are aware of the issue.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ok guys - thanks for the update, fingers crossed for a fix.

Getting api.dll crashes in P3Dv3.4 also when attempting to enter waypoints into the FPL page of the 430.  This is using latest Herve Sors' Nav data (cycle 1611), and latest Realnav data for the GNS (cycle 1610).  FSUPIC 4957b, and the 430 is installed in the A2A C172.  Not using any other flight planning or ATC software, though Activesky Next is active and may have hooks into similar memory regions.

So far I get crashes both typing and spinning the mouse wheel to enter waypoints.  Crash happens as soon as I hit enter on the first waypoint (which is found) - GNS exits back to the primary FPL page, and P3D freezes, eventually returning an appcrash in api.dll.  Let me know if there are any specific test cases you'd like me to run through etc.