Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

night lighting like x-plane ?

One thing i love about x-plane is the night lighting. Would it be possible to make pr3d look like x-plane or similar ? No matter what pr3d's noght lighting  doesn't even come close to x-plane .I tried pta but it didnt help much.I also tried ftx global 3d lights configurator tool but no joy. 

Is  there something I can do  to improve pr3d night lighting ?

thanks

I dont know anything as good as X-Planes but I recently tried Taburets 3d Night Europe base and I really like it.  Heres a video I made a few days ago of it.  Some of the lighting is from the Thessaloniki scenery aswell but the darker orangish lights are Taburets.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot_zps560238d1.jpg

I'm using FTX Global and Open LC NA and with some PTA tweaks I think my nights look pretty darn good.  I have finally been able to get black skies and nice bright ground lighting.  I have never used X-plane so cannot really compare but I have seen some nice shots from it.  Chris Bell is working on 'Black Marble' and looks like it may be really nice also...looking forward to it's release.

Here are a couple with my current setup right from the sim....

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vjdzqq6wiso5ont/AABMLOPlRS2Un8s_rhT66U6Pa?dl=0

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I see your  as airbus has orange   backlighting. Mine is white- How do I get it to turn orange ? thx

'm using FTX Global and Open LC NA and with some PTA tweaks

Looks good ! Mind sharing your tweaks ?

I see your  as airbus has orange   backlighting. Mine is white- How do I get it to turn orange ? thx

Looks good ! Mind sharing your tweaks ?

In PTA tool within the 'Terrain' section I have Urban area luminosity at 2.85 and the saturation of urban areas at 1.75.  I have the 'Levels' custom shader set to 6 for black and 255 for white which also works for daytime for me..  It all depends on your monitor settings as well as they are all different.  The DPX custom shader can be messed with to brighten it up a bit as well but it will also effect your daytime.  I think Yuri said he will be putting a 'Night' option on his next version so that certain settings will only be effective at night.

I do think the roads in OpenLC NA are a bit too orange and bright as you really don't see roads standing out quite that much in the real world but it looks pretty good.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11