Sign in to follow this  
dranck

Exception when using speech recognition (occasional)

Hi -

I've just started working with the trial version and a really like it. Best ATC out there for X-Plane hands down! I am seeing occasional exceptions (see below) when using speech recognition (PPT and talking). 

I'm running Windows 10 with .Net 4.0 installed and X-Plane 10.50. I didn't see a log file anywhere so I grabbed the Event log.

Thanks,

Dave

Stack trace from the Windows Event log:

Application: Pilot2ATC_200.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException at System.Speech.Recognition.RecognizerBase.SetInput(System.IO.Stream, System.Speech.AudioFormat.SpeechAudioFormatInfo) at P2ASpeech.ATCListener.InjectPilotSpeech(System.String) at Pilot2ATC_200.frmP2AMain.a(System.Object, System.Speech.Synthesis.SpeakCompletedEventArgs) at System.Speech.Internal.Synthesis.VoiceSynthesis.FireSpeakCompleted(System.Object, System.Speech.Synthesis.SpeakCompletedEventArgs) Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Signature, Boolean) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Object[]) at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(System.Object[]) at System.Speech.Internal.AsyncSerializedWorker.WorkerProc(System.Object) at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem() at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch() at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback() 

Hi Dave.

Thanks for trying Pilot2ATC and for the error report.  It looks like an error in the Windows Speech Recognition framework.

Were you using the SayIt button to give replies when this happens?  The code the error seems to point to is only used with SayIt.

Thanks,

Dave

Now that you mention it, I realized I set the same but button to PPT and SayIt. Silly me. I just changed one assignment and will give it a try next time I fly. I'll post here after testing.

Thanks for responding! Loving it so far.

- Dave

Dave -

I just completed a test flight after disabling the Say It joystick key, and guess what, no exceptions!  :dance:

And I just purchased the full version, too. I gotta say, even the flight-planning, moving map and chart viewing is worth the price to me. Add good ATC and it's great! Now I have ONE place that I go to for almost everything to prepare a flight and to fly.

This was a good find for me. Good work on the program!

Dave