Sign in to follow this  
Guest nick1812

Schaefells 737-800

Guest rmce

Anyone else downloaded this incredible aircraft?This is, IMHO, Dreamfleet's 737 quality finally here.Cockpit, passengers views, gps on screens within cabin...etc.Also flys when I get it started! A real need to read docs aircraft this..cold and dark start really cold and very dark.Couple of quirks with lights but knowing how to do things makes it a brilliant but challenging 737.Oh, did I say it was free?Thank you!

"Anyone else downloaded this incredible aircraft?"Yes, me and about 5000 other simmers. I just noticed it isn't showing up in the Avsim library though for some reason.... Last time I looked there had been over 4500 downloads. Flightsim had over 590.I started a thread on Oct 19th at http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=search or search on Scheffel.It is a fantastic plane. I hope Arjan will build some other planes with those features. I am spoiled to his plane. I miss the automated checklist, the announcements, etc. etc.Thanks again Arjan!Earl

Guest ponyboy

I can't find it in the librry? Not under the authors' name or what I think was the filename. Anybody?

Guest JimC1702

Couldn't find it either, I downloaded it at Flightsim.com a little while ago.Only problem I see so far, besides the fact I can't start it :), is that the wheels are half buried in the taxiway.Looks like a great package overall.Jim

Guest bigun

If I'm not mistaken, it was removed because of PMDG bitmaps being included in the package.

Earl, as for missing announcements if you were not aware, get the fdsfxpnl.zip here at AVSIM, plus there is a bunch of add-on sets for SWA, Delta, and more. Let me know if I can be of any help.The most time spent is getting the numbers correct in the panel cfg. After doing this for the last year or so, it's a breeze adding it to any aircraft. I have already added it to the Flight1 ATR, Dreamfleet 727, PMDG737, Ariane737 etc... As far as GA, I use the airport ambience files in the panel. It is not the same without having it it once you have tried it. One other thing I also do is, I have live ATC or archived ATC files playing from my other computer's media player all the time through a headphone mixer to my sim machine. I got them at Liveatc.net It really adds alot to the immersion.Best regards, Jeff

Hi Jeff,Yeah, I have been looking at that addon for a week or so and wondering if I wanted to try it... I probably will. The difference between the Scheffel announcements and the fdsfx system is the Scheffel announcements are cleverly connected to flight control actions and other triggers. It "knows" you are at flight altitude and are decending, just at the right time, the fasten seat belts announcement starts... without you clicking anything to make it start! It is amazing.Thanks again for your recommendation and kind offer of help.I'll probably try the fdsfx panel.Does anyone have any more info as to why the Scheffel plane was pulled from the library? It is still at Flightsim. Which bit maps are supposedly from PMDG? I don't have the PMDG plane so I don't have a reference.Have a great day!Earl

Guest rmce

I am happy to have started this thread...see follow up later in the day, the thread is starting to cook!I found out about 737-800 on Fs Passengers site, thought I would have a try, connected from passengers to Avsim, got plane and gasped at detail and whole package.It really is a beaut.Airbus 300-200 is my current Passengers aircraft with my hanger holding the superb 767 Opensky via Chris Jeunne. Each has its own learning curve, but what a fabulous choice of sim Jets to fly......I am in awe of these makers skills...thanks to them all.What a delight to fly with passengers, decide your route, then pick one of these fabulous aircraft according to time, distance and arrival airport.CXhris Jeunne has been a terrific help, which I appreciate as he has a VERY busy life, and I e-mailed and received detailed help by return. After a hard day killing kids, (I teach) I look forward to my downtime on Fs9. Its not now only where am I going tonight, but what wonderful commercial jet am I going to fly, and, will my passengers live??(lol)Great fun...thanks guys.

>Hi Jeff,> Which>bit maps are supposedly from PMDG? I don't have the PMDG>plane so I don't have a reference.>EarlEarl, unfortunately it *seems* that the side views are copies of the PMDG 737s.They are exactly the same as my PMDG 737 side view bitmaps.Pity really, it's a remarkable package that I fly regularyDave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

Much as I am a leading supporter of the freeware genre, I'm not sure what all the fuss is about here. This is a repackaging of other peoples' work with a few tweaks, and includes a few files that shouldn't be there. The panel, although pretty, is inaccurate and incomplete and cannot possibly be compared with the likes of Dreamfleet's or PMDG's work, methinks, apart from the use of the latter's bitmaps! The paint job is simplistic, the wheels are sunk in the runway ... and so on.I suppose I may just have a problem with people who name 'airlines' after themselves ;-)MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Guest nick1812

Hi Mark,If you call my work 'a few tweaks and some files that shouldn't have been there' then keep in mind I did this by myself as a hobby without any education, but just what I learned myself about aircraft/panel design. I do not have an entire team working on a single project.So there is no way to compare my hobby results with a payware aircraft from a crew of people doing it for a living. With a huge pile of money and resources, while I have to find almost everything at AVSIM and Google, sort of speak.Of course a version 1.0 has flaws. Ever noticed there are still updates almost EVERY week for Windows XP? Imagine what crap it must have been when it just appeared on the shells...If you don't like the paintjob or name of my virtual airline, that's OK. 'Mark Airlines' would sound a bit questionable too, wouldn't it? But should that really matter when it comes to flying an aircraft in FS2004? It only matters when you're just gazing at colors and a name of an aircraft parked at the gates ;-)But of course you're entitled to your opinion. I rather like to believe that the download counts after just one month means there are 'some' people who like it a lot and the fanmail I received from all over the world has been impressive. To all people that sent me email to thank me: you're all very welcome!Mark, if you don't like my B737-800, no problem at all. You can always go to a shop and buy professional payware packages, just don't forget your wallet...The package was pulled from AVSIM because I left in PMDG-bitmaps from the 737-NG, by mistake actually. I'm am really sorry I forgot about those: I was determined to replace them with photoreal pictures from the beginning. When I just couldn't find any nice photo's I shifted it to the bottom of my priority list and completely forgot about those PMDG cockpit views when I uploaded the package to AVSIM.There will be no 'Air Scheffel' package as long as I can't replace those bitmaps with original material. I'm really not in the position to risk any serious problems with the legal department of PMDG.Goodluck and best regards to all FlightSimmers,Arjan Scheffel

Hi ArjanI meant no offence to you in my post. I simply questioned the original poster's 'incredible aircraft' description and some of the follow-ups in that they seemed to me to give the impression that this was something brand new.Didn't realize you had a virtual airline there, either, although as I've said it's just my thing that I would not call something after my own name, personally. But that's your call, of course and yes, we're all free to download your work or not.I'm certainly not questioning your own effort; you've done a nice job pulling the pieces together and creating the main panel view and features; again, my only point was that your panel is a fun one to use but not comparable with the payware versions that others have likened it to, in terms of accuracy of knobs and switches. That's all. I don't mean to dent your enthusiasm for a moment.So go for it, give us more! Freeware rules. All I would say - and I'm well documented for hating them - is that your self-installer is a little frightening. It's the first time I've seen that style of installer used in FS and I think there are those - like me - who don't like files shooting off to all corners of their installation without any sort of prompt, first. I installed manually but I'd recommend, for what my opinion is worth, that you use one of the more conventional self-installers that give people a chance to check whether any critical files of theirs might be overwritten.Good luck to you,MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Guest rmce

Mark,I suppose I was the 'original poster'I for one, was not aware of any PMDG stuff within this aircraft, but then again, I am more a cockpit flyer than a fuselage looker.To me it is a wonderful d/l, as I have been missing the original 737 from Dreamfleet that took our sim to a new level.OK, it is NOT Dreamfleet, but IMHO very close to it as far as any d/l I have seen.I think your reply to Arjan was excellent, a measured polite and reasonable reply. There are times I get fed up with the flaming that goes on!I have got to accept that 'senior' moments are now approx 3600 an hour, and to be honest I do not now want complexities that get in the way of my pastime and fun that FS has given me since Fs2 and Bruce Artwick. This aircraft has taken me 6 check flights to get the hang of, with much deep earth gardening! I fully accept that it was all pilot error and I was correctly punished for it. This 737-800 for me was just about right in that I have to do more things, but no longer need to get a degree in advanced aerodynamics to have fun. My A300-200 and the 757 I have in my hanger are all terrific,and I am enjoying them so much.I am in awe of anyone who creates these aircraft, and I bow to their expertise. From Arjan's reply I feel that he is genuine in his error of using PMDG's fuelage or whatever, and he accepts that. However, Arjan do NOT stop building/attaching stuff to stuff, as I think you have done a sparkling job!Thank you,

Guest nick1812

Hi Mark,No offence taken, it's OK.I admit that every time I find a setup.exe in a download I will be installing it to a fake temporary FS-folder, so I can see FIRST what it does. So I understand your reaction on that point completely.The first upload was without an installer, just one zipfile maintaining the right directory structure of Flight Simulator 9.All files were placed at the right location.Still a lot of people had troubles installing and sent me mail.It appeared they unzipped the file to a temporary folder and started moving files all over the place.So the setup.exe (included in the update) doesn't do anything but unzipping 'Flight Simulator 9.zip' to the Flight Simulator 9 folder on the harddisk, while showing a splashscreen. In the readme file I wrote it's also possible to install without the setup.exe by unzipping the file manually.Best of both worlds...Cheerz, Arjan