Sign in to follow this  
Guest nick1812

Schaefells 737-800

Guest Logan826

Nick, no harm ment here. You did a great job with other people's work and as I see it am I'm sure a ton of other people will, this is illegal by most, if not all of the EUL on all these planes. More so on PMDG work. That's the real problem here. I see it so many times great freeware designers stop designing because people like yourself don't abide to the EUL and steal, yes I said steal their work. On top of that payware designers have to charge more to cover their loss aswell. I hope I'm reading this thread wrong and I can apoligize to you later, but that's what this sounds like to me.Dan

Dan,You are misreading the post. We all know it is illegal to steal other people's copyrighted material. Arjan built a great package of plane, panel, paint, etc, and then added the brilliant features which are HIS own work. It is the features which are so great about this plane, not the 3 side views from PMDG which he temporarily placed while he worked on the rest of the complex coding, etc. He intended to come back and replace them with freeware before uploading. As time went on, he forgot those were borrowed from PMDG. Arjan's own work is evident if you have the plane and read the manual and realize what it can do. Lets not run off another great freeware designer. Lets give Arjan the benefit of the doubt unless you are sure he ripped someone off. It isn't hard for me to believe he could forget. Lord knows I am forgetful enough. Besides, those views, nice as they are, are not the focus of the package.I think if you'll step back a little and be a little more objective, you'll agree there is no harm done and none intended.Great job, Arjan!Thanks again for all your hard work.Earl Buice

Guest Logan826

Fair enough. I'm all for freeware designers, I have a lot of payware and a lot of freeware planes too. I did say I hope I misread the posts and if that's the case I apoligize upfront. I'll have to get this plane, if it's truly his own work, and from the way everyone is talking about it.:)Dan

Hello Arjan,>The package was pulled from AVSIM because I left in>PMDG-bitmaps from the 737-NG, by mistake actually. I'm am>really sorry I forgot about those: I was determined to replace>them with photoreal pictures from the beginning.and the bitmap of the overhead panel originally comes from the Dreamfleet 737...Maybe you should replace this bitmap too.GreetingsTim

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Guest nick1812

Hi everybody,I sent an email to all people I gave permission to share my aircraft on their servers, with a request to remove it.Those 3 temporary side view cockpit panels of PMDG have been removed from my work. For now those views are blank.But with a little luck even all views will be replaced with photos specially taken for this purpose.It seems I finally can have access to some very needed resources.Until now I had to start almost every part and every panel with Google Image finder (or similar).The last time I was in a Boeing myself was ages ago, and I was certainly NOT on the flightdeck ;-)So I can't draw a cockpit-, main-, or overheadpanel from the top of my head, I think probably nobody can.When I find a suitable image on the internet (to use as draft material to start with), that image came from somewhere.It was clearly made before by someone else, otherwise Google image finder would not show it.If Tim recognizes the overheadpanel background from a Dreamfleet product, I recon that is where my draft base material originally must have came from. I do not have anything of Dreamfleet nor have I visited any commercial website to search for images to claim as mine.I just found it with Google.Concerning the overhead panel: I redid all text/button discriptions from scratch, because those descriptions were simply unreadable on the image I started with. The background of text/buttons/gauges was filled with small areas of texture from the original image. Almost every gauge was repositioned to make it all fit and I programmed every single XML-gauge myself from scratch. I just kept the far left- and right sides unchanged, maybe just sharpened it slightly.If you squeeze your eyes a little, in the end it still looks exactly like the image I started with, I'm sure. Same size, same colors, same looks of textures...Is that still breaking copyrights? I truly didn't think so, but I'm not a lawyer. I figured that if every screenshot had copyrights, then Bill Gates would have been twice as rich as he already is because of the countless screenshots of Flight Simulator on the World Wide Web...I truly can not say for sure how these things legally work. I'm just an enthusiastic Flightsimmer. However I can guarantee that IF this was wrong of me, I have not been aware of that.Maybe a lawyer or other expert reading this topic can clearify the laws in this matter?I really want my 'Air Scheffel' Boeing 737-800 package to be free from this kind of issues before I upload it to any website ever again...Best regards,Arjan Scheffel