Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Anyone use an iPad to view charts? What's a good app for this?

I'd like to use my iPad to view charts as I think its the most intuitive and convenient way to view charts during flight. What app do you guys use and suggest?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Fltplan.com

a big advantage - it is free and comes with the charts (US + Canada).

If you have specific charts (your own, FSX specific, etc, etc) that you want to view - there are numerous apps to view pdf, doc and other document formats.

I have my own charts in pdf format that I want to view... but I'm looking for one that's aim for pilots because I like to be able to enter in the ICAO code and have it pull up the charts for that airport. PDF readers work, but it doesn't have this in mind.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I use navigraph charts on iPad or android - but it is payware unfortunately- also use their fmc data.

All the best

Denis B

Thanks for the suggestions, but I really like the new LIDO charts, they are very clean, modern and simple to read. 

Another vote for Navigraph (Lido), although the Aerosoft offering also looks good.

Erich, are you referring to this?

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/110856-navdatapro-charts-preview-ios-and-desktop-released/

If so, wow... never even knew about this. They even have a version for the iPhone and iPad as well.

If we purchase this can we own all the charts and only update when we need to?

Looks awesome.

Navigraph and Aerosoft offer LIDO charts. I find the Aerosoft iPad Charts app a little better in terms of ease of use than the Navigraph one, although conversely their desktop FMC Nav Data Updater app is really not that great compared to the very slick one from Navigraph. Certainly no keen simmer should be without charts and updated nav data inside the aircraft.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Simplatesx

I have it on both my iphone and ipad.

+1, they're quite good.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers