Sign in to follow this  
jannaslund

4100 Unable to engage autopilot to follow my FMS flightplan

Hi,

I have so far unsuccessfully tried to make my Jetstream 4100 follow my FMS flight plan.

I have followed all the steps in the tutorial to create the flight plan and it all looks good. I have even created a dummy FSX flight plan (It said in a forum that this was needed).

Before departure I pre-set the AP by pressing Altsel (shows arm), VS and HDG (Shows ON).

I takeoff and I engage the autopilot after departure. The autopilot flies the plane fine. I now click the NAV-button to engage the autopilot to follow my flightplan but nothing happens. The button remains dark.

I have tried this now for approx 10 times and it never works except one time when it suddenly started working.

I have searched various forums for answers and tried the suggestions but no luck.

Is it a bug or do I need to do something different?

Best Regards / Jan

Just happens I took off from LOWI 10 mins ago and before setting the NAV button you need to use the direct to tab while still on the ground(bottom tab , left side) and select the first way point and then press enter. 

When you take off you can then select the NAV tab and it will follow the course.

ZORAN

Small world!

I also departed LOWI just this morning and again had this problem. then I wrote this post.

I was on Vatsim, perhaps you departed just before me? :)

I will try your suggestion.

Hi,

Your suggestion worked fine!!! :)

The AP engaged and started to follow the FMS flight plan when I pressed NAV . I can also see a small green text "CAP" on the NAV-button now.

I went through the tutorial once again but I couldn't find any mention of this there.

Thanks / Jan 

Good to hear Jan, shes a bit of a handful at times but I like that. I dont know what CAP is but maybe someone can step up and explain it to us both

ZORAN

The CAP on the nav button is CAPtured!. Also, keep your eye on the CAP, Crew Alert Panel!

Thanks Kevin!

ZORAN

If I remember correctly, I do believe you have to be within certain navigation parameter limits of the course you wish to follow, in order for the NAV function of the autopilot in the Jetstream to capture...

I am just getting back into this aircraft again after a couple of years not in it...

A

Dummy FSX plan not required. You have to make sure a TO is set in the NAV page of the FMS before NAV mode will engage and capture. You must also ensure the needles are set to LNAV mode, do this by pressing LNAV twice on the glare shield, and double-check by pressing MAP until you get the moving map up.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg