Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Want Auto Throttle and Speed control on Embraer 145

OK ...I know it's not supposed to have one... but I want Auto Throttle and Speed control on the Embraer 135 and 145. I love the Embraer 135 and 145 from a style and Regional Jet point of view, and I want to fly them more frequently, but I do love the AT control so that I can take a break on a long flight. Is there a way to have it on a great panel? I do have excellent panels for the planes, but the AT's do not work and speed control is obviously and deliberately absent. What do you think? Is it possible?

Hi Stan,Although I sympathise with your problem, the idea of flight simulation software is to simulate as far as possible the real thing.My suggestion is to play around with the throttle until you find a setting that maintains a constant desired speed and leave it there? I'm sure that this is what the crew do in the real ones.Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

Setting and controlling the throttle at cruise should not be a problem. Descent, and to some extent climb, can be hard to regulate on some aircraft.Play with it.Just as a side note - adding an AutoThrottle switch and setting readout to a panel / autopilot is not hard, but there is a setting in the aircraft.cfg autopilot section which must be enabled to allow an autothrottle to work.Conversely, if you every have an aircaft without an autothrottle switch on the panel where the throttles seem to run away - check the aircraft.cfg to see if that setting is for an autothrottle.There are lots of little things which must be keep in sync between the panel and the aircraft.cfg file.

Speed is often accomplished by setting the N1 % and keeping an eye on ITT to "company" preferred settings. This maintains expected fuel flow and engine maintenance/life. It also determines the economy of the flight.See if you can find docs with these recommended settings for each stage of climb/cruise/descent at various altitudes. The climb and descent stages may be each broken down into a few subranges such as there would be an initial brief take-off, then climb, then cruise climb, the first dealing with runway length and initial obstacle clearance, the second dealing with obstacle clearance, and the final at the climbs to higher altitudes after reaching perhaps 10,000 feet or so readjusted at 18,000 (to MACH) since you are now clear of obstacles.Depending on the vertical profile required (fpm) at each stage different N1 percentages are used sometimes frugally for best economy and engine life.

Guest ThrottleUp

In the aircraft.cfg look under the autopilot section and change these values to 1 (if they are currently 0) (backup the .cfg beforehand!)-------------------------autopilot_available=1 flight_director_available=1 default_vertical_speed=700.0 <--(any value you want)autothrottle_available=1 autothrottle_arming_required=1 <--(you will need an AT switch on the panel)-------------------------You will now have an autothrottle in the plane!

Guest DreamFleet

"the idea of flight simulation software is to simulate as far as possible the real thing."Actually, that is just an opinion held by some, not fact. As a "simulator", the beauty of FS is that it can be used to "simulate" both reality and anything else one cares to, such as a Beech A36 on floats.It is here where FS shines as a platform for all types of simulation.Remember, it is a simulator, not a replicator, and aything you simulate, both real or not is quite valid.Enjoy your autothrottle! :-)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

Thanks for those remarks Lou...I often add that "flight simulation" software simulates Flight. For some, that's cockpit drill and procedures. For others, that's ridge running and soaring low over terrain with total freedom of movement, subject to no one's rules. Some love to simulate flight from outside the plane--and they also probably can sit for hours watching a child fly a kite or the seagulls dodge the wind at the beach.It is a "Flight" simulator with emphasis on the word "Flight". That's an art that's been accomplished by birds long before we came along and muddied it up with ATC and checklists :)-John

Thanks for all the opinions, everyone. I will try first to be loyal to the plane and the sim. If I run out of patience (Heaven forbid), I may play with the aircraft config. Thanks again,

Hi Lou,Still enjoying your '727'.I have got to admit that hearing that statement from you is not conducive to producing such fine products like the DF727 which is as near as dammit to the real thing or, so I understand from Paul Gollnick?The fact that floats COULD be installed to the Beech A36 (i haven't got) is probably possible in reality too?To attach an Autothrottle to the Embrear 145 is akin to installing one to an F-16, Tornado or F-14. Unoriginal, wouldn't you say?Surely the phrase 'As Real As It Gets' should be the paramount consideration? To deviate from that, is more suitable for playstation module fun?Again, as you, just my opinion. LOLDave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png