Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jaguar XJ6

LevelD 767. Really THAT good?

Yes,the 767 is amazing - blew me away with excellence from the core systems right up to minute details like every external light being controlled by the appropriate switch. I particularly love the liquid smooth crts, both in vc and 2d.The T7 is a nice product, outstanding in some aspects, 2d panel and vc look great, but smooth displays (you can adjust fps for each) comes at a significant price in frames. And I'm sorry but the autoflight system is in many respects just too aggressive (pitch modes especially) - at this point anyway.Long and short when I get into the 767 I feel like I've stepped into a product that is outside fs9's limits - the 777 does not give me that impression at all except maybe for the weather radar, and even that is compromised when it's mounted on a nav display that has to be limited to 6 or 9 fps(maximum is 18fps, but impacts general sim performance as stated above, especially at big airports).regards,Markhttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/markrey/lsd2.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Guest georg

Level-D 767 is worth every penny and even a lot more!

Guest RsZ

Well,personally i think that there is no anything better than PMDG 747 or LDS 767.All the rest is just only good...:)

Don't say that until after they have priced the 757......

ngxu_banner.png

Guest bobsk8

>Don't say that until after they have priced the 757......Huh,,, ???

He means (jokingly, I'm sure) that if people start saying the 767 is worth even more than they paid for it, LDS might be encouraged to hike the price of the 757 accordingly.Of course I'm sure it doesn't work like that - or does it???Ian

I own the LevelD 767 and it really is that good. I am looking forward to the LevelD 757 to come out later.Kevin

Guest Jaguar XJ6

It's ok, by modern FS 2004 add-in standards. Problem is, it simulates a pretty old (and, I believe, soon to be discontinued) aircraft that now hovers uncomfortably between these days and the olden days.The earlier incarnation for FS 2000 - 767 PIC - was a better overall product for desktop PC users. Bags of innovation and entertainment there. Same can't really be said for the current LDS version.If I could be bothered with 767s, I would still use 767 PIC in FS 2000 (but not FS 2002, because much of the product functionality was not updated for the latter).Michael

Guest dolb

Best $39.95 I have spent in my life. You seriously don't know how amazing it is until you try it!I think most people need to relise there are also other aircraft out there that are just as good if not better than PMDG and LDS aircraft.

Guest Jaguar XJ6

Are they still flogging it for $39.95? If so, can't say it would be the best purchase at that price in my life. For around

Guest bobsk8

>It's ok, by modern FS 2004 add-in standards. >>Problem is, it simulates a pretty old (and, I believe, soon to>be discontinued) aircraft that now hovers uncomfortably>between these days and the olden days.>>The earlier incarnation for FS 2000 - 767 PIC - was a better>overall product for desktop PC users. Bags of innovation and>entertainment there. Same can't really be said for the current>LDS version.>>If I could be bothered with 767s, I would still use 767 PIC in>FS 2000 (but not FS 2002, because much of the product>functionality was not updated for the latter).>>MichaelOK, I'll bite, what do you own that you think is better than the LevelD 767? ( this should be interesting :))

Guest Jaguar XJ6

>>It's ok, by modern FS 2004 add-in standards. >>>>Problem is, it simulates a pretty old (and, I believe, soon>to>>be discontinued) aircraft that now hovers uncomfortably>>between these days and the olden days.>>>>The earlier incarnation for FS 2000 - 767 PIC - was a better>>overall product for desktop PC users. Bags of innovation and>>entertainment there. Same can't really be said for the>current>>LDS version.>>>>If I could be bothered with 767s, I would still use 767 PIC>in>>FS 2000 (but not FS 2002, because much of the product>>functionality was not updated for the latter).>>>>Michael>>OK, I'll bite, what do you own that you think is better than>the LevelD 767? ( this should be interesting :))>>767 PIC (amongst others).Michael

Guest benw

I've just spent the last few hours pootling about in the PSS 777 and it's fairly typical for a PSS product, ie nice to look at but not so great to fly. I love the 2D panel, it's much better to look at than PMDG's 744 and the VC is lovely, as is the exterior model, a first for PSS with their odd looking Airbuses and Concorde models.It has some nice features, like the weather radar and the checklist, and the functionality is good, despite some unrealistic things happening, like all the doors opening at once and the ability to deploy the thrust reversers even when the engines are shut down. Also no pushback utility included (shift+P anyone?) is a bit lame on such a sophisticated simulation, as is lack of packs sounds. Both the LDS 767 and PDMG 744 give you realistic humming when the air conditioning does its thing - the PSS 777 is eerily silent until the engines go on.Things go really pear shaped in the air though. I find the 777 too sensitive in pitch and roll, making hand flying a real handful, especially given the lowish frame rates. That and a very aggresive autopilot that dives, ducks, weaves and jinks like a MIG fighter is on its tail. You also have the 'porpoising' issue that is widely reported, which means the 777 noses up and down repeatedly. It seems there is work to do on the FDE.The LDS 767, on the other hand, is rock solid to hand fly, and is really very hard to fault. The panel, VC, exterior model, FDE and functionality is totally immersive and the attention to detail is superb. Look at it like cooking, PSS's 777 is still frozen in the middle and needs more time in the oven, PMDG's 744 is cooked but the gravy sauce isn't quite perfected yet, LDS's 767 is the filet mignon - cooked to perfection and the one to have!

Guest Jaguar XJ6

... unless you are not particularly into 767s, in which case the 747-400 or 777 will no doubt be the better option. I find no real showstoppers in the former, glad I am not a devotee of the 777 in relation to the latter.Tend to agree that PSS handling characteristics are not what they were in the PSS heyday.Michael

So, jasonwinn did you buy yet?JimCYWG