Sign in to follow this  
Guest aarskringspier

A new outlook on the PSS 777.

Guest aarskringspier

>>and the FDE feels just right>> Coming from a guy who is an expert chair captain on a desktop>sim does not mean much. >> Although I have not had the pleasure of trying out PSS's>plane yet I must say this post from you does not mention>anything of substance whatsoever. What about the FMC? What>about the EICAS and it's various detailed pages? What about>that Dillion??>>>[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]>AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN>3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN>MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|Its missing some things from the FMC that I guess Ive been spoiled in having. Winds, FIX etc. I dont guess theyre essential but when youre used to utilizing them it seems strange not to have them. RA is not modelled in the TCAs system and while I dont make a habit of running into other virtual aircraft not having RA in TA/RA is a bit strange, I think thats a basic function that should be automatically included in a airliner simulation. FDE can not be anywhere close to correct. The thing has a roll rate of an F16......That said I personally love the model. The sounds are nice even if quiet the wife isnt yelling at me to turn the thing down. 2D panel is unreal, very crisp and detailed. The checklist where its supposed to be and clickable, all in the info, over head panel. Systems are pretty in depth and done well. VC is great, very detailed and very fluid with great frame rates. WX Radar is cool even if it cant be done absolutley correctly in FS its still nice to see something there when its raining outside.All in all I like the plane, I think after they patch up a few issues its going to be stellar. I dont thinks its as in depth as a total package as the 744 or 767 however its definitley close. Once everything is fixed and its running on its first patch it will be on par with whats out there. If you like the T7 then you cant go wrong with the PSS version; while Ill never fly it as much as I do the 744 or 767 its definitley getting some time every week because it really is an excellent little SIM to have some fun with.All the above is my personal opinion, if your not keen on it you can suck eggs :)

>Interesting to read more comments on the PSS 777, both in this>thread and on their forum. Then better read comments by Mike T. who summed up this aircraft best.Michael J.

I have every product from PSS (with the exception of the concorde and their avro). As of now, I'm not feeling the love for their new 777. In part, because I don't see a consensus emerging as to the quality of the product. PSS forums range from great to horrible. Screenshots: ditto - from serviceable to abysmal. People are already merging the PSS panel with other models. The virtual cockpit looks infinitely worse compared to other offerings. Plus, if you buy everything -all 3 models, and all the liveries- it'll set you back $250.ricardo

Dillon,I too have and love the new 777LR and would very much like to know more about that gear failure of yours. I looked through the manuals and couldn't find any references to failures, but maybe your post got me to excited to find it ;-)Are you positive such a failure is modelled by PSS? That would be a FS first, wouldn't it? I'd love to learn more about that.Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAMD64-3400,1GB/2700DDRAM,WinXP(SP2),DirectX9.0c,Geforce6800(128MB)(Det.71.89), CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Guest jerrycwo4

On the PSS website they say the new 777 is in "ROLLOUT" colors? What does that mean? and what are those "deliveries" for about 7 English Pounds each? Thanks jerrycwo4

>On the PSS website they say the new 777 is in "ROLLOUT">colors? What does that mean? and what are those "deliveries">for about 7 English Pounds each? Thanks jerrycwo4The Roll out colors are the official Boeing colors of the Prototype. (The same as the one used for the record breaking flight from VHHH-EGLL today.) Other airline liveries are extra charge, but if you by multiple liveries at one time, you get a pretty good discount. Also on the PSS site, you can find already and in the future many user airline livery repaints for free, if you don't want to pay extra for the official ones!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Hey Pete there's not much I can tell you about it. It just happened when I ran out of runway and took off from the grass. I was surprised to say the least. I do have to agree with others after further observation that the roll rate is a little to much and the FMC is missing some features but all in all I find this a very nice add-on... :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Just had to post a couple (again)... All that's missing is window textureing. There may be a few bugs overall with this package but this is still one solid release...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/132823.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/132824.jpg

FS2020 

Hey Dave...Well look wise the PSS 777 is right up there with the best, LDS/PMDG. As far as the FDE goes I'm with the others that a little work needs to be done (even though I've seen countless testimonies in video from real 777 pilots about how easy and responsive the 777 is to fly and handle). I would also like PSS to add glass texture to the VC the same way LDS and PMDG has done. That's the only thing I see left visually. In the avionics department there's work that needs to be done on the FMC to include some extra standard features people are asking for (see above). I found the FMC to work for the most part and perform correctly with the autopilot. I can't seem to get the weather display to function consitantly on my end but I haven't read the manual on that part either.I haven't had the time I would like to spend with this add-on but from what I can tell so far it's a winner. If PSS puts in the time needed and produces an update to correct the few minor issues people are reporting, their product will truly be in the same league as the other high quality add-ons out there. I just hope the support last as long as it does with the other offerings (through at least two versions of Flight Simulator). That may or may not be possible depending on what Microsoft does with FS10. If FS10 does support backwards compatibility then by all means I'd love to see the PSS 777 fully updated in FS10... :-)

FS2020 

Guest dolb

Visually I would not say [except the panel bitmaps] The PSS 777 is 'LDS/PMDG', Comparison shot:vcped2sy.jpgPSS 777 has a fully 3D overhead in the VC Which LDS Does not, It has some 'eye-candy' including animated Armrests, I'd still take LDS 767 VC Over it.overhead2il.jpg

Dolb you

FS2020 

Guest dolb

Hehe, you have a point, but generally (In my opinion of coarse ;)), The 777 VC Is not as great as the LDS 767 or PMDG 744.

I did some flying tonight and it seems the FDE is fine if you fly her correctly. The real 777 is said to be very stable and easy to fly. She's supposed to be nimble in flight. I guess if I wanted to barrel roll the DF 727 I could (pertaining to the comment above). PSS seems to have done a great job on the FDE...

FS2020 

Pete I discovered else here... Unlike many add-ons out there PSS turned on the Damage modeling in the 'aircraft.cfg' file (guess they built breaking wings, damaged nose gear, etc. into the model). It's nothing more than that which is a standard visual option offered in FS2k4 if a developer so chooses to take advantage it... :-)"after further observation that the roll rate is a little to much"The more I fly this plane the more I feel the need to retract this statement for reasons I

FS2020