Sign in to follow this  
Guest aarskringspier

A new outlook on the PSS 777.

I have to apologize to PSS for some of my past statements concerning the 777. Seeing I've had a bad taste in my mouth since FS2k4 and the Airbus series, I really didn't think the company could deliver. Compared to the SSTsim Concord I felt the PSS version wasn't on the same level and no PSS plane has really touched the levels of PMDG and/or Level-D until now. Avsim unlike the Concord this one truly deserves the highest ranking

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Byron Farrow

Yep, I too agree. On the subject of Lago, the latest update to the MD-80 was a nice surprise, so you never know!--Byron Farrow

Off topic, but I have just updated the MD-80 from Lago and am quite amazed at how better v1.50 is; nice gear wind noise (rumble), and some things I thought were bugs are gone- one never knows with the Mad Dog which are bugs and which are just how dificult it is to manage the systems compared with the modern Boeings. :)Dillon- I read your post on the T-7 at the top of this thraed. I had read some other comments on the PSS forum today after the general release and had decided to let this one pass. Now I will have to get it, I can see :)Bruce.

It would be nice if PSS modeled all the engines offered by Boeing for the 777.Dillon! I too think the quality of this release is right up there with the PMDG 744 and LDS 767. On the subject of the engines though, this was questioned in a thread in the support forum. It seems that Boeing went to a single engine type for the 777-200LR(F) and 777-300ER, so since these are the variants modeled, PSS was correct in only modeling the one engine type.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Lago still has allot of work to do with the night lighting in the MadDog's VC. The lighting as it stands now is horrible... She's a great bird to fly before 6pm. After that your truely in the dark...

FS2020 

PSS chose to limit themselves this time in order to be able to fully concentrate on a smaller product.Had they modelled every possible combination of airframe, engines, and cockpit layout people'd have complained they got something in some of them wrong...

>It would be nice if PSS modeled all the engines offered by>Boeing for the 777.>>Dillon! I too think the quality of this release is right up>there with the PMDG 744 and LDS 767. On the subject of the>engines though, this was questioned in a thread in the support>forum. It seems that Boeing went to a single engine type for>the 777-200LR(F) and 777-300ER, so since these are the>variants modeled, PSS was correct in only modeling the one>engine type.Are you guys talking about the visual model and eye candy stuff? Or do you feel the accuracy and fidelity of the aircraft systems is on a par with PMDG and Level D? The reviews and questions in the PSS forum are all over the map concerning completeness, accuracy and bugs. Thanks.Bob....

I don't fly the MD80 from the VC (after flying the PMDG B744 from the VC I just can't get into flying that way with any of the add-ons that I have in my FS9). So I'm not sure about the lack of good lighting in the Lago VC. Of course I'm not a real MD80 pilot, but if the MD Max product is the be believed from a realistic systems point of view, then I think Lago has made some progress.Interesting to read more comments on the PSS 777, both in this thread and on their forum. I'm still on the fence with this purchase :)Thanks again for your comments,Bruce.

I was a PSS buyer, I am one and I guess I will be one in the future as well.Not because PSS makes the best aircraft, but because they're quite fun to fly.I use their Dash-8 from time to time though the Majestic DH-8 is in my hangar too, just for the fun of it! Same with their other birds.Though saying that PSS plays in the same league like PMDG and LDS is a bright overstatement, PSS has its place in the market and I hope they'll stay there.The T7 is a nice addition to my big fleet, but I guess soon there'l be a sister from FeelThere nearby...Andreas

"I guess soon there'l be a sister from FeelThere nearby..."Andreas sadly the FeelThere model won't be a hardcore simulation of the 777 so therefore not in the same ballpark. It will be nice but for those looking for a more hardcore edge PSS is the best your going to get for now (in this case thankfully that's not a bad thing)...

FS2020 

Guest neilb

I'm happy with the product. For what I paid its nice. If I'd paid PMDG prices for it then I wouldn't be happy.The FDE doesn't seem right to me. I'm happy to be corrected by those with actual 777 experience, but the thing handles like a fighter jet once you roll it passed a point. It starts off slow and heavy and than BAM you're in a barrel roll. Which in fact I have done in this product with ease. That doesn't seem right to me.A lot of the things that people are complaining about are, as per usual in the "community", are not really that important and they are unable to back these up with any other reason than "but I want it". People have complained about the lack of wingviews. Theres no mention of them...so how can you be disapointed? Inquire before you buy. Especially if these are things that make you "put it back in the hangar".I'd give this product 7/10. Its good, but nothing groundbreaking IMO.

The FDE doesn't seem right to me. I'm happy to be corrected by those with actual 777 experience, but the thing handles like a fighter jet once you roll it passed a point. It starts off slow and heavy and than BAM you're in a barrel roll. Which in fact I have done in this product with ease. That doesn't seem right to me.I noticed that too, but maybe it has to do with that like the Airbus' the 777 is a Fly By wire aircraft. I know when I fly on airbus' Banking appears more abrupt than with the Boeings (Other than the 777), which I've always attributed to them being fly by wire aircraft.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

and the FDE feels just right Coming from a guy who is an expert chair captain on a desktop sim does not mean much. Although I have not had the pleasure of trying out PSS's plane yet I must say this post from you does not mention anything of substance whatsoever. What about the FMC? What about the EICAS and it's various detailed pages? What about that Dillion??[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Let's see, I don't mind anyway. I know their 'PIC' will be the 737.The FeelThere bird has a FIX page, can't be that bad ;-)Andreas