Sign in to follow this  
hqmurphy

Does anyone know how to uninstall ORBX Open LC

Hi All,

I've had Open LC NA installed since release, and it's been doing just fine for me. However, I also just installed Open LC EU and have suddenly been getting OOM errors. Open LC EU is 100% the culprit. For whatever reason, ORBX hasn't made their products easy to uninstall. Can anyone help me uninstall Orbx Open LC EU?

I would love to get this off my sim without any issues! Thank you!

HM

What about simply re-activating it in the Scenery Library?

Bert

What about simply re-activating it in the Scenery Library?

Bert, thanks for the response. By re-activation I assume you mean, checking/unchecking the given files in the scenery library? If this is what you mean, how will that prevent OOM errors? (Apologies if this is a simple question. I love simming. I'm not so great with computers).

My goal is to stop getting OOM's, which occurred after the installation of Open LC EU.

If you turn off a scenery in the scenery library then the scenery is ignored by P3D, it will not use system resources.

I think you are better off visiting the Orbx openLC forum and discussing this problem there.... you realize that most use this product without problem?  If it is the source of your OOM errors then there is some troubleshooting you might be able to go after.  Go visit the support for the product giving you problems.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Bert, thanks for the response. By re-activation I assume you mean, checking/unchecking the given files in the scenery library? If this is what you mean, how will that prevent OOM errors? (Apologies if this is a simple question. I love simming. I'm not so great with computers).

My goal is to stop getting OOM's, which occurred after the installation of Open LC EU.

Sorry, my bad, a typo..

de-activating, not re-activating

As mentioned above, if you untick the LC, it is out of the picture and does not use resources.

• Upvote 1

Bert