Sign in to follow this  
MarioR

Tech support questions

HI I recently installed RASS on my sim running P3D v2.5 and RAAS is working but there are sounds or warnings that should be heard (I believe) that are not there or not working.

I would like to know what are the conditions that activate the transition Altitude warnings? I have it set up at 18000 feets but no matter what I do I hear nothing.

Also when holding short of a runway for more then 60 seconds should I hear something? nothing happens. 

When taking Off on a runway I hear ''ON RWY 24L''  then take off and not hearing the remaining runway lenght call outs. Is this normal?

Thank you for helping.

Mario Richard

Prepar3d v2.5

Active sky next

REX4 Soft clouds

FTX Global

FTX vector

on a remoted computer

Flightsim commander

VASFMC

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

When taking Off on a runway I hear ''ON RWY 24L''  then take off and not hearing the remaining runway lenght call outs. Is this normal?

I believe the runway remaining calls only play on landing.

Also when holding short of a runway for more then 60 seconds should I hear something? nothing happens. 

You shouldn't hear anything 'holding short' of the runway... you should only hear 'on runway XXX" while sitting on the runway.

I would like to know what are the conditions that activate the transition Altitude warnings? I have it set up at 18000 feets but no matter what I do I hear nothing.

Is your altimeter set to something other than 2992 in the vicinity of 18,000 feet?

Thanks Bryan for your quick response it is really appreciated.

OK I think everything is working as it should. The only thing is the Altimeter. Taking off fron CYVR a few minutes ago Altimeter was set to 29.94. I left it like that and I got the ''Altimeter setting warning'' at FL280. Is this normal? I thought I should have had a call a bit passed 18000 feet.

Thanks!

I thought I should have had a call a bit passed 18000 feet.

I'll have to check with my RAAS programmer for the exact trigger.

Cheers,

Hit CTRL Z so you can see what your actual altitude is passing 18,000 feet.  That's what RAAS is looking at.

Cheers,

If it helps at all, I have twice received the Altimeter Setting warning passing FL210 after failing to set the altimeter to STD (2992) at a lower altitude. The first time I had no idea what was going on, but the warning made me look at the altimeter setting and realised my error, thus doing its job. The second time I deliberately did not select STD setting to test when it would be triggered, and again it was triggered when the aircraft passed FL210. I do not recall whether there were any similarities or differences in weather conditions, so I don't know whether that affects the way the warning is triggered, based on this small test, it seems to me that passing FL210 is where the warning is triggered.

You can test this by leaving the altimeter setting at a non standard setting and climbing to over FL210 at that setting to see whether it is triggered. I'll do a little retest tomorrow to see whether I get it again at the same flight level.

I have twice received the Altimeter Setting warning passing FL210

That sounds about right.

The warning will not play immediately passing 18,000 feet.

Thank you Bryan and François,

Yes that is what I was doing. I deliberately lest the altimeter setting to what it was on the ground before take off and waited for the warning. The first time like I was saying on the post above, it warned me at FL280. The second time it happen it was at 19,350'

So for me it is different. The next time I'll do Ctrl+Z

Thank guys!