Sign in to follow this  
kdfw__

Flythemaddog MD80 VC Refreshed

The Maddog MD80 is one of the best FS models ever made for both FS9 and FSX.    

Although the instruments and system depth are still amazing, the visual model developed back around 2007 shows its age so decided to give this classic model a modest facelift.  

I'll upload the texture files to sim-outhouse soon.

Some side-by-side of the VC:

>cleaned up texture around the pedals

>added more texture details like those found on recent models

>baked in ambient occulusion/shadows

Original

md_orig1.jpg

New texture set

md_new1.jpg

Original

md_orig2.jpg

New

md_new2.jpg

Orig

md_orig3.jpg

New

md_new3.jpg

Orig

md_orig4.jpg

New

md_new4.jpg

New

md_new5.jpg

• Upvote 6

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Wow! What an improvement! Excellent work!

Very nice. Will try it in P3D.

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

reworking the light map as well, getting some low level flood lights going.

md_nite.jpg

• Upvote 3

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

:good: :Applause: Great, Thank you !

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I flew that thing non stop in FS9 and FSX. I would love to get it working in P3D. Those pics are really nice.

Very nice. Will try it in P3D.

If you get it working well please shoot me a pm on how you did it. I miss this aircraft and the MD11 since moving to P3D

Richie Walsh

Great!

I miss this airplane on P3D too. One of the most airplanes i have enjoyed.

Love to know how to make it work on p3d

Miguel Leandro

I used the Estonia conversion tool while initially installing it and pointed it to the P3D installation. Initially it used to have this quirk that whenever you wanted to fly it you had to switch on the Estonia tool either way. But oddly after a while it has started to work with no tool. The main dysfunction used to be the panel switches but they work now.

Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Yes and it seems to keep running to each new P3D version since 3.1. The one thing that does not work is the config tool which only partially loads the fuel, center tank does not get filled.

Shez

• Upvote 1

Shez Ansari

Yeah the fuel loader doesn't work Weather radar doesn't either. Both livable problems. I am flying it now and LOVING IT. Thanks for the info. I had installed it back at P3D v2.5 last year and had problems.

• Upvote 1

Richie Walsh