Sign in to follow this  
hvw

P3Dv3 hangs after installing KB3176938

After the latest cumulative update for Windows 10-x64 Anniversary version is installed (KB3176938) . P3D hangs after a few minutes of flying.  Uninstalling this update resolves the problem, but unfortunately Microsoft has decided to force these updates upon their users whether they like it or not and hence this update is being reinstalled over and over again. (And I uninstall it right away, but am getting fed up by having to reboot every time again :) ).

Do any of you suffer of the same and/or have any of you a workaround for this?

Thanks,

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

There is a way to disable W10 updates. Google it.

Eric 

After the latest cumulative update for Windows 10-x64 Anniversary version is installed (KB3176938) . P3D hangs after a few minutes of flying.  Uninstalling this update resolves the problem, but unfortunately Microsoft has decided to force these updates upon their users whether they like it or not and hence this update is being reinstalled over and over again. (And I uninstall it right away, but am getting fed up by having to reboot every time again :) ).

Do any of you suffer of the same and/or have any of you a workaround for this?

Thanks,

Hans

I never let any updates thru - shut of all of that stuff - leave it at bare bones win10 install - learned that after allowing last version to update

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Thanks Eric,

I just don't want to disable or block all updates, I want to select the one that is the offending in this case. In Windows 10 Anniversary this is, as far as I know, not possible.

If I disable all updates and when I want at any time to install updates again, the one update that is causing the problem for me then is installed again and I then again will uninstall it, block all other updates again for a while etc. etc. Quite annoying and time consuming :)

Thanks,

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Thanks Eric,

I just don't want to disable or block all updates, I want to select the one that is the offending in this case. In Windows 10 Anniversary this is, as far as I know, not possible.

If I disable all updates and when I want at any time to install updates again, the one update that is causing the problem for me then is installed again and I then again will uninstall it, block all other updates again for a while etc. etc. Quite annoying and time consuming :)

Thanks,

Hans

That was the main reason I took a pass on windows 10. I don't want Microsoft screwing with my PC whenever they want. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310