Sign in to follow this  
Johnboy991

Dovetails new DA42 g1000

Can anyony shed some light on why the g1000 doesnt seem to be fully functionable. When I go into the procedure page via the proc button and try and select an approach from the list where the yellow cursor is blinking, im not able to get the yellow cursor to scroll down onto any of the other approaches on the list using the FMS button.  I have tried using left and right buttons everywhere on the button, even zooming in to a large button and also used the scroll wheel on the mouse as this works with the other buttons.  Its frustrating that im not able to select the approach I want to select, rather than having to just press the ENT button to select the app at the top of the list.

Any help would be very appreciated.

John.

Using 2D or 3D? I'm away from my sim but I've selected approaches and transitions in the G1000 using the 2D popup. I think there are some click spot issues in the VC. Might be worth filing a ticket. DTG has been fixing quite a few of the reported issues.

Barry Friedman

While DTG had been patching fairly religiously, there hasn't been one in some time, and in fact the general release of the DA42 clearly carried the dysfunctional GPS.  I had submitted a ticket in mid-August concerning the range issue (I got the DA42 through early release), and they said they were aware of it and working on it. But there's been nothing since. The only DTG presence on these forums for some time has been focused on the upcoming sim, but nothing on Flight School.  Are they done with Flight School?  It would be nice to hear, from them, that they're not, and that we can confidently expect a patch for the G1000.

Thanks guys for your help and wisdom. I have indeed sent off a ticket bronze and their reply was they were aware of it and to expect an update.  Thanks AGAIN......

WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO TELL ME IF ITS POSSIBLE TO USE A MOVING MAP LIKE efass by froom with dtg. Dovetail said yes but I believe you need to use fsuipc which dtg doesnt recognise.

John..