Sign in to follow this  
virtualflying

777 brake issues

Every time I push all the way down on my toe brakes in the 777, I get the same dang warning and issue. It says "Tire Pressure" then "Brake Temp". Then I can't move.

I have random failures turned off, but I get this issue everytime.

Is there a fix / explanation?

/Grant Meder

Is there a fix / explanation?

Errm.... don't press all the way down on the pedals?

What would happen if you stood on the brakes in your car as hard as you could at high speed?

You're locking the wheels and blowing the tyres/overheating the brakes and causing the tyre fuse plugs to melt. Either way, you're not going to go anywhere fast afterwards.

Errm.... don't press all the way down on the pedals?

What would happen if you stood on the brakes in your car as hard as you could at high speed?

You're locking the wheels and blowing the tyres/overheating the brakes and causing the tyre fuse plugs to melt. Either way, you're not going to go anywhere fast afterwards.

Don't think the tires would blow at 10 knots...

Grant Meder

Hmm sounds weird...

Is the plane very heavy? Would imagine, that the brakes would work harder when near MTOW than empty. Does this happen when empty contra max weight?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Use the autobrakes. If I tried to slow the plane on landing by manually using the brakes at full force I would have the same problem you are having with tires blowing and brakes overheating.  This has nothing to do with random failures. It is the way you are operating the plane. See page 50 of the Introduction Manual. If this has nothing to do with landing, taxi at a speed where you don't need to slam the brakes on full force.

Grant,

Is this occurring during Taxi of the aircraft or after landing?  If you are continuing to have trouble and need official support you really should open up a ticket with our Support system and we will be happy to look into it further.

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg