Sign in to follow this  
Guest tahomatom

Feelthere Ejets V2 Install for P3D V3

Guest tahomatom

0x7583.jpg

I went ahead and bought the Feelthere Ejets V2 after reading that people successfully installed it into P3D v3.  The issue is, my panel looks like the attached image.  The FAQ at Feelthere says it's a faulty install of SP1/2 in FSX, but obviously that's not helpful for me.  Is there some installation trick that I don't know about to get it to work?  I've read many times on the forum that people have got it to work just fine.  The installer initially pointed to the normal FSX default folder so I tried pointing it to P3D and that didn't work.

When installing the E-Jets v2 make sure you are running P3D as administrator and also make sure you execute the E-Jets installation as administrator. This is important for this software.

What exact version of P3Dv3 are you running, and what version of Windows?

I have been running E-Jets v2 in all 3 versions of P3D, using Win 7. I should say I currently run P3D v3.2.3, so I have not tried the very latest version.

I have always used the Estonia Migration Tool which for me has worked very well.

John B

Try making a copy of your p3d.exe, then rename it fsx.exe and put in your P3D folder.

However, a migration tool is only about $10.00 and well worth the price.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Guest tahomatom

I tried it both without and with the migration tool as admin but no dice.  I'm on Windows 10 on the latest P3d version (I just bought it so I didn't have a choice to run an earlier version or I would have).

As far as the xml file, here is what is added for the ejets.  Is something missing?

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FeelThere EJetX Helper</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>FeelThere\E170\EJetH.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Wow I just tried a reinstall as admin and launching it as admin and it worked!  I thought that I was doing that but I guess I was doing one or the other not both.  Thanks for the help it works great!

ejets v2 installs in P3Dv3, you can fly it

but not able to save panel state [ in case you want to save programmed FMS and scenario during e.g. cruise ]

I am having the same problem, did as Tahomatom did on the installation as an administrator but no luck, same panel picture he started with. I have tried EMT, both Wilco,s versions 1.6 and 2.0 and still the panel will install as the picture at the beginning of this chat depicts. I would appreciate some help 

Make sure both P3D and the ejets are running as admin.  I had the same issue as posted above before and did a reinstall as admin and ran both as admin and that fixed the issue.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

When you say ejets running as administrator you do not mean installing it as an administrator? If this is not the case what do you mean it has to be ran as an administrator? Where do I choose to RUN it as an administrator after I choose aircraft on the vehicle menu?

I meant installing it as admin which you already did.  Try a reinstall again as admin and then make sure you run the sim as admin as well.

I have done so as both the installer and the P3D have the little admin symbols when I click on them. Could it be an issue the fact that I am doing this on P3D v4?

That aircraft isn't compatible with V4 and won't be made compatible.  

Ok That's good to know so I do not put any more time on it. I was not aware that V4 was so significantly different - I would think it's going to be installing some of the v3 versions or FSX if that's an aircraft I want to fly then,

And thank you for the info