Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Rob - Thanks for the Guide

Indeed - many thanks!

Looking at this manual reminds you why the flightsim community is relatively small compared to the GTA brigade. There is ALOT to wrap your head around, just in understanding the optimal settings of multiple pieces of software which really make the modern sim look amazing - not to mention learning how to fly complex aircraft properly.

This is a true labour of love. Thanks for spending the time to do this Rob

Since this is a living document - for later revision Poppet's guides should be added to the document as well (It would literally be making pdf of her p3d tips and tricks and sticking it in the guide).

At least we all got some new tweak to play with now.  Things we all have to do for our VAS issues.  4GB VAS limits owns our sim for now...lol :fool:

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Excellent guide, containing lots of information about P3D, very useful!.

Thanks to Rob.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

A very fine piece of work, Rob. Very detailed. Thank You. In a show of appreciation, I nominate you for the "Poppet Award For Excellence in Tutorials"  :wink:   :Party:

Cheers, Craig

Can't download from here, will have to wait until I get home.  Can someone that has it comment if there's info on wiping your install completley, leaving no trace, and starting over from scratch?

That deserves a truly and respektful acknowledegement.

Thanks Rob. Will try your AS16 setup.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Wow ! Thank you very much Rob !  So much useful information in it.  Very appreciated...

Mike

Rob,

To say thank you seems shallow or not a enough.  I have followed your blog, musings and when I saw this document it blew me away.  I am also in IT.  The fact that you found the time and the willingness to share your journey into P3d only benefits the whole SIM community.  You have picked up the light that Tom Allensworth led the way with (AVSIM), and you have left this community in a better place.   I don't normally respond to the forums but this piece of work moved me.

Mark 

+1 to all that has been posted so far, this was a much needed article. It's a refreshing collection point of Known facts and can belay a lot of un-needed rabbit holes.

One thing Rob mentions that completely changed weather depiction with AS16 for me, in this Article, was the P3D cloud offset. I had become under the impression that the offset was no longer needed.

Turns out that is completely wrong. I enabled the offset in AS16, and now it is quite obvious that my clouds were to high, now they look at right altitude and (placebo effect) much more natural.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Awesome indeed, Rob!  Thanks for this and of course all your great videos that show us what P3D is really capable of!

Kevin S

Thank you very much for the guide, although much is targeted for the novice it is still a very good reference for the slightly more experienced. One atta boy!

NOTE:  All atta boys must be surrendered on receiving one aw darn.

Dan Downs KCRP