Sign in to follow this  

Aerofly 2 - Switzerland - 4K

LOD Radius is impressive:

This was a surprise, Aerofly 2 is 64bit, but it was only using 3GB VAS

This update seems a little harder on FPS than prior version and Vsync would cause major stutters, ended up using the 120 FPS option.  Need to check with devs and see what might have changed.  Still an issue with distance mountain top flickering, thought was supposed to be fixed in this build.

Anyway, still very well done, I haven't seen any flight sim reach that kinda LOD distance (in a mountain region) with PR and get anywhere close to these frame rates.

Cheers, Rob.

why can't you stream a 720p :mad: 

Looks very nice. Is that all photo scenery ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Yes, all photoscenery,

All very credible ( for a starter ) flight dynamics

All very very promising!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Guess my laptop can't handle even 1440p picture breaks up :(

Guest Mik75

Looks absolutely breathtakingly good!

Very very impressive and promising. Hope this sim gets some serious attention from add-on makers. I think one good GA and/or tubeliner on this one might play a trigger! Definite potential.

Regards

Prayog

Still MUCH missing in this simulator, but it's certainly worth the $60 so far.

Big pluses are:

1.  LOD distance

2.  Runways blend very well

3.  Aircraft models are very nice

4.  Even at speeds >800 KTS terrain can keep up

5.  Performance

Settings are maxed out.

Cheers, Rob.

Great video Rob , finally could watch from work on a 50MBPS line and better system.

Rob's opinion is exactly my own view of Aerofly FS2, and I can't even play it at the level he does because my hardware is way bellow his standards....

But my main aim when buying it was to support IPACS and hope they'll be able to continue providing good updates and introduce features that all simmers ask for.

We just have to understand that they're a really small team, so, they need time - something our society doesn't really care about much conceiving these days...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Looks interesting. I've been on the fence for this one for a while already. I just don't really like those flattened buildings in photoreal scenery and trees that look odd from one side but well, as soon you are at a certain altitude things look quite realistic, I suppose. Maybe I should buy this one just for flying around mountains and places where there aren't any buildings because all that looks pretty good. ;) I still get the impression you can see textures being loaded but maybe that's because of the video compression etc. Hmmmmmm... very tempting...

Looks interesting. I've been on the fence for this one for a while already. I just don't really like those flattened buildings in photoreal scenery and trees that look odd from one side but well, as soon you are at a certain altitude things look quite realistic, I suppose.

You can see a lot of nice buildings in US downtown areas, such as San Diego, Los Angeles etc., or around airports in Switzerland like Zürich, although the area covered by autogen is still pretty limited. However, whenever you find one, believe me if I say that it is a totally immersive experience.

Maybe I should buy this one just for flying around mountains and places where there aren't any buildings because all that looks pretty good. ;) I still get the impression you can see textures being loaded but maybe that's because of the video compression etc. Hmmmmmm... very tempting...

If you mean popping, as we know it from ESP, I can assure you that I never saw anything like that so far. I am running Aerofly FS 2 on two different machines, one of them being a laptop with a far less powerful configuration than Rob's and I never ever saw any sign of popping or delay in texture loading. The sim runs smooth in any circumstance with resolution maxed out. The only real shortcoming, in my view, is that the aircraft are still lacking basic functions (such as mixture in the Baron, there is not yet an option to control the mixture lever in the Settings even).

It is not yet a simulator, but at the moment it is by far the most promising.

This was a surprise, Aerofly 2 is 64bit, but it was only using 3GB VAS

I just posted a video with the stats visible and noticed that as well. I suppose that coming from a tablet/phone background, they had to learn all the tricks possible to keep the memory footprint small(er)

As far as the z-fighting, see my suggestion post on their forum: http://www.ipacs.de/forum/showthread.php/7506-Z-Fighting-and-a-thought

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Hm ,well, barrel_owl, I think I will take the plunge coming weekend then... ;)

Hm ,well, barrel_owl, I think I will take the plunge coming weekend then... ;)

Beware you'll find it rather naked compared to the platforms you're  used too Jeroen.

But heck, I remember your ( and mine ) enthusiasm with MS FLIGHT - In Aerofly in as far as navigation goes, we can do pretty much the same, but weather is still more limited, and some scenery features ( autogen mostly ) too...  Also the more detailed aircraft, the Maule and the RV-6 were, systems wise, even more complete / complex than those presently available for AEFS2, but, having all of that in mind I took the plunge and bought it, if not for any other reason, to play with the glider, the excellent flight dynamics ( for sure much better than anything similar for FSX ... ) and to support the cause.

Main Simulation Rig: