Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

FSLabs A320x... an interesting post...

http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/7919-airbus-a320x-flare-logic/

Attention to detail and very positive reaction from the devs to fdm comments.

Kudos!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I can't wait for this update, you really should try this plane Jose... it really is something else

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

I'm on the fence.... Would have to re-install fsx, or p3d :-/  but everyone I talk to says the best about it....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I've installed FSX Steam just for this a/c. You need to tweak quite a bit to get decent frames,but it's usable and quite smooth even at low frames such as 9 or 10. I can get ~23 in the air,but this is with cockpit shadows enabled - you will get about 10 fps more if you disable cockpit shadows.

• Upvote 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I think frames will not bother me much because I used to use fsx, and p3d with aerowinx psx, just for the visuals, and the PMDG 777, and set no shadows or light reflections, no autogen, no traffic whatsoever...

With this and AS16 + ASCA I was able to get a stable 30 fps, lowering to not less than 24, in the PMDG 777 with some weather around.

I would juyst have to decide if going fsx dx9, fsx dx10 with the fixer ( why if I use no shadows at all or light reflections ? ), or p3dv3 just to be able to profit from a better use of my GTX 960 4GB graphics card...

Main Simulation Rig:

Jose, I don't think it's going to be too long for the p3d version, may not be worth reinstalling FSX at this point?

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

It took me a full day off to install Windows 10, install FSX Steam. Install just the basic Orbx addons I have. FTX Vector. FTX Global. FTX OpenLC America. FreeMeshX. And some FSDT and Flightbeam airports. Also ASN and Rex4. Now I can enjoy the FSLabs and wonder whether I should buy the P3D version when it releases, or stick to Steam and use that money to buy AS2016 and ASCA instead. I am happy and in FSX there are more airports to fly to. I am running DX9 not DX10 and with lower autogen sliders I do not get an out of memory. Very happy with this purchase, I spent 2 weeks with the Aerosoft Airbus and I liked it mostly because it has more models, but taught myself the normal procedures and am having a blast!!

• Upvote 2

yes Mike, specially because I simply erased it from my Steam account - only sim there presently is Aerofly FS2...

P3D even if I do not use the shadows fancy graphics features would still take better advantage of my GTS 960, leaving the necessary CPU for the FSLabs A32x stuff...

I will see, when it get's released. After all also have only one aircraft add-on for p3d, and that is the PMDG 777 200 ER.

It took me a full day off to install Windows 10, install FSX Steam. Install just the basic Orbx addons I have. FTX Vector. FTX Global. FTX OpenLC America. FreeMeshX. And some FSDT and Flightbeam airports. Also ASN and Rex4. Now I can enjoy the FSLabs and wonder whether I should buy the P3D version when it releases, or stick to Steam and use that money to buy AS2016 and ASCA instead. I am happy and in FSX there are more airports to fly to. I am running DX9 not DX10 and with lower autogen sliders I do not get an out of memory. Very happy with this purchase, I spent 2 weeks with the Aerosoft Airbus and I liked it mostly because it has more models, but taught myself the normal procedures and am having a blast!!

Of course I'm biased since, for obvious resons, I'm an FS16 + ASCA.

IMO you can't really go wrong with that "Magical" combination. The performance is simply astounding, and the weather effects, for those coming from ASN,. even more refined. Surely a great combination with FSLabs A32x...

Main Simulation Rig:

Jose, I think AS16+ASCA are the most underrated and misunderstood add ons this year, some simmers don't get how much of a improvement the effects of weather on the aircraft is in AS16. I think some of the reason for this is a lot of simmers never have flown real aircraft and or only care about the visuals when it comes to weather.

• Upvote 2

Mike Avallone

yes Mike, specially because I simply erased it from my Steam account - only sim there presently is Aerofly FS2...

P3D even if I do not use the shadows fancy graphics features would still take better advantage of my GTS 960, leaving the necessary CPU for the FSLabs A32x stuff...

I will see, when it get's released. After all also have only one aircraft add-on for p3d, and that is the PMDG 777 200 ER.

Of course I'm biased since, for obvious resons, I'm an FS16 + ASCA fan.

IMO you can't really go wrong with that "Magical" combination. The performance is simply astounding, and the weather effects, for those coming from ASN,. even more refined. Surely a great combination with FSLabs A32x...

Have you used Rex4 Texture Direct? If so does it compare to the sky and soft cloud textures? I liked the Rex4 being able to change my sky textures to the region I am flying and the weather. Like humid, or oceanic, winter, mountains, pacific etc.

Could you do me a favor and post a screen shot of the sky textures in the day when sitting at a hot Dubai, and a cold Canada, or Norway? I would like to compare. I may buy ASCA since it is on sale, and hold off on AS2016 until I decide if I want to go P3D or FSX. And the discount from being an ASN owner is better than the sale price of AS2016 so I can wait to buy that later.

I did use "Soft Cloud", but honestly with ASCA I have even better effects, at least IMO....

Main Simulation Rig:

Within the limitations imposed by the base platform ( fsx o P3D ) I think it pretty much does...  But we're diverting from the objective of this thread :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

I would juyst have to decide if going fsx dx9, fsx dx10 with the fixer ( why if I use no shadows at all or light reflections ? ), or p3dv3 just to be able to profit from a better use of my GTX 960 4GB graphics card...

I installed FSX Steam with FTX Global and Vector just for the FSLabs A320-X. No fixer, no nothing. I have no problems with fps or VAS. Works perfectly fine in DX9. Even with add-on airports. Did multiple flights between two add-on airports without problems. It is quite annoying going back from P3D to FSX. But for this plane it is definitely worth it. The immersion is even better than with the PMDG planes. And as soon as the P3D version is out, I will wipe FSX from my HDD again...

PS: And I'm running FSX in 5910 x 1080 in full screen mode. No issues here.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Wow! Carlo, you just installed FSX while you wait for the p3d version ?  Well, at least they say users will be able to buy the p3d version by the differential cost, which is very fair.

I was just talking to a great friend who simply refuses to get back into the mess of fsx, and will rather wait for the p3d version to be released, although it's certainly going to be more expensive :-/

Main Simulation Rig: