Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

FSLabs A320x... an interesting post...

I installed FSX Steam with FTX Global and Vector just for the FSLabs A320-X. No fixer, no nothing. I have no problems with fps or VAS. Works perfectly fine in DX9. Even with add-on airports. Did multiple flights between two add-on airports without problems. It is quite annoying going back from P3D to FSX. But for this plane it is definitely worth it. The immersion is even better than with the PMDG planes. And as soon as the P3D version is out, I will wipe FSX from my HDD again...

PS: And I'm running FSX in 5910 x 1080 in full screen mode. No issues here.

I am in the same boat, I bought FSX SE when it was on sale last year just for the FSL bus... I ended up buying the fixer as well but when the P3D version comes out I will switch back to that

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Wow! Carlo, you just installed FSX while you wait for the p3d version ?  Well, at least they say users will be able to buy the p3d version by the differential cost, which is very fair.

I was just talking to a great friend who simply refuses to get back into the mess of fsx, and will rather wait for the p3d version to be released, although it's certainly going to be more expensive :-/

Jose, to be honest, it took me about an hour to get everything up and running and now I can at least get accustomed to the FSL Airbus. It's really worth it since FSLabs has decided to offer the P3D upgrade at the price differential between the versions. Try it! You will really like it. FSX Steam is much more stable than the "old" FSX. Of course, it looks horrible compared to P3D but you won't notice as you will only look at the plane... ;-)

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Thx for the suggestions guys :-)  Will have to decide ...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

The big thing for me is the sky. Does it look like it should depending on the weather and location?

I was off to a rough start liking ASCA paired with AS16 until after the first few hotfixes. Now I love ASCA with full dynamics checked.

However and this is the only sticking point for me. I leave the ASCA sky colors unchecked and still use the HDEv2 sky set which imho still looks more realistic than anything else, especially if you're not using any shader mods like sweetfx, etc.

I also have both clouds set to 512 DXT5 and all other options enabled as I prefer the soft cloud look and also enjoy the VAS and FPS savings associated with 512 clouds, especially in overcast or stormy conditions.

I still think ASCA sky colors need to further be improved as there are colors I have never seen anywhere in the world and under any circumstance, but aside from that, all else looks good and performs well.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Does the thrust work with mouse wheel too or does it always require a hardware throttle like the AS A320 does?

I also bought the A320-X (to show support) but it sits and wait for the P3D version. I hoped i could just install the documentation as a teaser but i cant.

:smile: 

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I also bought the A320-X (to show support) but it sits and wait for the P3D version. I hoped i could just install the documentation as a teaser but i cant.

:smile:

Michael Moe 

But why? Don't you own a copy of FSX or FSX Steam? At least the Steam version is installed in 5 minutes. And then another 5 minutes to install the bus. Then you have the documentation.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

So how does this thing compare graphics wise to the Aerosoft bus? To me it looks more cartoonish but it's hard to tell from a youtube video. Thoughts?

• Upvote 1

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

But why? Don't you own a copy of FSX or FSX Steam? At least the Steam version is installed in 5 minutes. And then another 5 minutes to install the bus. Then you have the documentation.

Yep i got FSX all though not the FSX Steam edition. I would rather not install it but i might do it if the P3D version is hold back for a while.

Maybe if the Steam Edition is in sale  :wink:

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

o how does this thing compare graphics wise to the Aerosoft bus? To me it looks more cartoonish but it's hard to tell from a youtube video. Thoughts?

Depends  on if  you  install  1024 or  2048  or  4096  version.  To me imo  its  slightly better  than   the  aerosoft  version  but  each  will have  different  set  of  eyes:).  Any way I  deleted  the  aerosoft  version

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

So how does this thing compare graphics wise to the Aerosoft bus? To me it looks more cartoonish but it's hard to tell from a youtube video. Thoughts?

I like the fsl better, the aerosoft is too bright and cartoony to me. The big benefit to fsl is the really nice cockpit lighting. Every knob for lights works. And dual fms operation and independent navigation displays. 

For me the most attractive feature of the FSLabs airbus is being able to use 2d panel only. That's how I would use it if I had it.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

To be honest. If you are only after the graphics, then stay with the Aerosoft version. Graphically the Aerosoft version is a beauty. Except for the lighting. Investing in the FSL only makes sense if you interested in the much much deeper systems modeling. And it is not just something for people how are tech geeks. The better systems depth with all the proper ECAM warnings, the sounds, the random failures, all that enhances the immersion drastically compared to the Aerosoft one which is mostly a nice looking shell which somehow works similar to an Airbus. In the FSL you can "feel" the interaction of the systems and it feels so much more realistic. Even more then the PMDG planes. Sorry, but I can't really express it any better. You just have to try it...

• Upvote 1

In the FSL you can "feel" the interaction of the systems and it feels so much more realistic.

I can only agree to that. The A320 lives and breathes. Well, almost :-).  It's the most immersive Addon I ever came across.

I'm still occasionally somewhat in disbelief seeing the all the modelled details. Take e.g. the brake temperatures. After intense braking the temperatures don't rise immediately, apparently a heat exchange with the environment is simulated, before the sensors react. Or what the hydraulic pressure has to say to opening/closing of the cargodoors. Or the first time managed and open descend feels so real. Or the PTU sounds. Or ......  I could probably type a lot more to mention all the details and I bet I haven't noticed them all yet.

It's a milestone.

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

For an Aerowinx PSX user, this is certainly "food for my thoughts..." :-)

Can someone make a test regarding asymmetric thrust, with ELACs / SECs / FACs disabled and then failing an engine inflight, from a stable, A/P off, situation ?

Say you're level at FL100, 250 knot IAS, ELACs SECs and FACs out, then turn off #1....

How are yaw induced roll moments implemented under such circumstances?

Thx!

Main Simulation Rig: