Sign in to follow this  
Gazzareth

Citation X Upgraded

for me, it's too little too late. It's so antiquated that it doesn't compare to current addons anymore. it deserves a complete redo.

Actually for it's age it is Still one of the best you can find, It has Always been my Go To when I'm looking to fly a Route using  Reliable Avionics and Nav Systems, you just can't beat it.  Granted the "Old" model using Fsuipc  was cumbersome to get

everything running but now with the newest 3.08 version released fixing the Ice warnings and the reversers you can't go wrong, I will be buying V3  when it comes out  but until then I will be Enjoying my usual Cirrus skimming at FL 470 at Mach .87

80 knots, V1, Rotate, 2992 on the Altimeter. 

Primary purpose of upgrade 3.07/3.08 was to improve performance and usability for existing owners but new owners will certainly enjoy the enhancements as well!

Glad the issue was sorted G. :wink:

FSUIPC was required for FADEC for some years, but like you, we've never regretted purchasing a utility that belongs in every simmers toolbox.

Hello Ron,

Where can I find the new update for the Citation X?  I don't see it on the website or forum.

Thank you,

Bob

You just download the wrapper file again from their main site and reinstall.  ***But first be sure to uninstall***

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hello Ron,

Where can I find the new update for the Citation X?  I don't see it on the website or forum.

Thank you,

Bob

Bob, the forum link is right here: http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1450

To obtain, simply redownload, unzip, run the uninstall followed by reinstall routine as Ryan mentions.

I will be buying V3 when it comes out but until then I will be Enjoying my usual Cirrus skimming at FL 470 at Mach .87

80 knots, V1, Rotate, 2992 on the Altimeter.

Ha Ha, Marty you've spoken like a true high and fast CX Jockey familiar with the FO sounds... :hi:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Bob, the forum link is right here: http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1450

To obtain, simply redownload, unzip, run the uninstall followed by reinstall routine as Ryan mentions.

Thank you Ron. I appreciate your help. This is a great aircraft simulation.

All the time that I've had this sim, I never realized that when you say what what this aircraft is, you say "Citation Ten". I was always calling it "Citation EX". I was politely corrected by a real Citation Excel pilot...."You mean a Citation Ten"..."Ah, yea, isn't that what I said?"

Bob

You are welcome Bob. Here is more info for those who wish to know more about the product.

Citation X 750

Cessna pushed toward the Citation X program, which became the new 750 series.

The development of the Citation X was first announced at the National Business Aviation Association Convention in New Orleans in October 1990, with the first prototype making its maiden flight on December 21, 1993.

:wink:

Citation Ten+

In 2010, Cessna initiated a major update of the aircraft, initially dubbed the Citation Ten, which included upgraded AE3007C2 engines with new fans, Garmin G5000 flight displays with three 14-inch (36 cm) screens, and a heads-up display.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Hello one question, if I buy now the Cessna Citation X Extreme Version 2.0, the new version V3, will be a new product or there will be a upgrade v2 to v3 with an added cost.
Excuse my English is not my native language.

Best Regards,
Julio Rodriguez

Julio L. Rodriguez

Julio, the CX 750 Extreme 3.0 will be a new product at a new pricepoint. Existing CX 750 Extreme 2.0 owners will have an exclusive loyalty discount set aside for purchase of the new product.

From our perspective, that is a fair and reasonable approach for those who are loyal users. :hi:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I've found I rate avionics modelling highest when it comes to making a flightsim purchase. Because the majority of my flight is online I like the latest navdata where possible. After that flight modelling is important, and this jet hand flies beautifully!

I have the same priorities and I have found this aircraft addicting. Like flying a real plane, it seems like I learn something new about it on many flights.

I would just like to add that all the issues I had in this thread:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/490303-need-help-from-other-eaglesoft-citation-x-pilots/?hl=+citation

have been resolved with the latest updates. I have the one purchase installed in FSX boxed, P3Dv2, and P3dv3 on the same computer and it works fine in all three. The only issue I am having is I get an FSX crash when exiting the sim after using this plane. I suspect that it is due to something with my FSX install as this does not occur with both P3D versions and no one else has reported the issue.

Happy to be able to fly it again and with the added functionality. Really looking forward to the next version.

Ted 

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Ted, we thank you and Sir Stiggie for your assistance in reaching these most recent goals. Both of you have proven invaluable in the testing and reporting.

The sim community should offer you each a "pat on the back and a well done"

The team certainly thanks you :hi:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

. The only issue I am having is I get an FSX crash when exiting the sim after using this plane. I suspect that it is due to something with my FSX install as this does not occur with both P3D versions and no one else has reported the issue.

crash on exit happened to me once also. i also got a hang when hitting 'update' from the load manager. it seemed to update things correctly despite the hang, as it loads in cold and dark now, so who knows.. i will keep an eye on the exit crash thing, i have only done 2 flights with this current version so not much of a sample to work with. 

i do wonder if there is an issue with AS2016 instead of ASN. turning on the md wx switch drops my frames from 30ish down to the low teens (even in clear weather). i didn't get a chance to test it very much or check how it looks in an area with heavy precipitation. i would be surprised if hifhi made any changes to the API but who knows... the pmdg737 radar doesn't look quite the same with as2016 either so maybe t's something funky on their end

one other question i'm not sure about is that it seemed like using the cruise detent got me a speed in the .87 to .89 mach range on both flights. i thought switching the mode from FULL PERF to pilot would let me set a slower cruise like .85 or .82 but it seems like the cruise detent wasn't really following those numbers plugged in the FMC... in a quick look i couldn't find anything in the manual specific to that page's settings but i need to dig deeper. i guess i'm not sure if is it normal for a slower cruise to pop the throttle out of the detent? 

cheers

-andy crosby

Thanks Ron for your information, I'll buy the V2.0, to P3D.
It's agreed! to pay the difference for the new V3.0, it seems fair to me.

Best Regards,
Julio Rodriguez.

Julio L. Rodriguez

Does this plane support NavDataPro from Aerosoft? That's the one I subscribe to.

Eric 

Ted, we thank you and Sir Stiggie for your assistance in reaching these most recent goals.

If Eaglesoft is willing to issue patches, make available for P3D, and add more functionality to an aircraft that has been on the market this long for free, the least I could do is help test it. It was my pleasure Ron. I just wish I had more time available to test it.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Thanks Ron for your information, I'll buy the V2.0, to P3D.

It's agreed! to pay the difference for the new V3.0, it seems fair to me.

Best Regards,

Julio Rodriguez.

Thanks Julio.

Does this plane support NavDataPro from Aerosoft? That's the one I subscribe to.

Aerosoft has never contacted us re: their CX DB and they've never offered team members a copy for testing, so...use at your own risk.

Rumour has it that they duplicated the Navigraph Eaglesoft CX DB but we have no first hand information regarding any of that. :wink:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png