Sign in to follow this  
StewartH

A little help from my friends?

As I recall, I believe Jeff and maybe a couple of others have the Flight1 B200 King Air in their hangar?  If so, might someone clue me in to getting the engines started on this puppy?  I get a successful green annunciator light for the R Eng, the oil pressure creeps up into the yellow zone, and the N1 rpm settles in at around 18%, but no ignition.  What did I did I forget to do, if I may ask?  Thanks for any help, fellers.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

CTRL+E :smile:

:Silly: :Silly: :lol: :lol:

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Stew,

Never mind those fellas LOL! Many times when an aircraft, prior to the one being used now, is shut down, the fuel valves (IE mixture) are off (full lean). Try this - once spooled up try "CTRL+SHIFT+4" (full rich, fuel on)   

Hope it does it for ya.

Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Success!!

Thanks, Roman and David.  Yeah, the ignition switches were on, David.  Roman, I didn't want to go full rich for fear of a hot start.  So,  I figured it was some omission on my part as both fuel pressure warning lights remained "on" during spool-up, and sure enough both the left and right firewall shutoff valves were closed--no fuel available for the gas generator section.  I couldn't find them doing the preflight check list and so that was the problem.  Once they were open, both engines came to life.  Ya learn somethin' everyday!  :dance:

Stew

Hi, One....,  I don't know yet, LOL.  I haven't flown it yet, only a preflight check and start engines, which was holding me back in the first place.  Soon, though.  I need to practice my jet skills--see the post about our flying jets in the Mach Loop on the 16th.  It's been awhile since I flew EF2000 and F22 Raptor on a Win95 rig.  Good memories.

Stew

Update re: flying the F1 B200.  Have flown (on purpose) three times from Vancouver to Calgary.  No appreciable hit on frame rate, maybe 25-26 vs. 30-31 in another less complex acft.  Still ok.  Disabled FTX PNW and absolutely no vas issues.  Don't waste your time with Carenado's version--get this one.

I think I'll keep this plane.  :dance:

Stew