Sign in to follow this  
aentwis

Assistance required: Spoiler switch assignment to joystick button...

Just purchased this tonight after being on the fence for a couple of months.

I can see why many report that the Lear 35A here is an extremely immersive aircraft... I really like what I have seen so far.

One question: I cannot set the spoilers during landing, as I simply cannot see the clickspot easily from my viewpoint. Furthermore, I have my right hand on the stick to control the landing, my left hand is controlling the thrust levers and reversers... I have a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS with loads of free buttons available via FSUIPC profiling, as well as a Virtual FLy TQ6.

I want to map the spoilers to a button. How would I do this? What is the key command that is set in order to toggle the spoiler? The usual # in the German version of FSX does not trigger the spoilers.

Thanks in advance for your assistance :)

A

I cannot set the spoilers during landing

If you have a registered (payware) version of FSUIPC, then under the FSUIPC Buttons + Switches tab, assign a HOTAS button to the Spoilers Toggle control in the Control sent when button pressed drop down list, and select OK to exit FSUIPC. That HOTAS button should then toggle the spoilers on and off  -- you may have have to restart FSX or at least Reload the FSUIPC button assignments before it works.

Al

I cannot set the spoilers during landing

BTW, I'm not sure what you mean by setting the spoilers during landing, but as far as I know the spoilers are not used during landing and if deployed would be retracted during the pre-landing checklist.

Al

I have also the warthog hotas and I have assigned the axis "INCR DECR" of the throttle to the spoilers thanks to the registered FSUIPC.

By the way you can manage the quantity of drag you need...

Pascal

si.php?id=1

Cheers Al, and thank you by the way for the LUAs...

Sorry, set is the wrong word. I should have written "extend". According to the L35A AFM, spoilers are used on landing: Page 2-35 Landing 1. Spoiler switch -EXT after touchdown...

The odd thing is, the # key toggles the spoilers but the switch does not seem to animate when using the key (or a switch mapped to the keystroke).

I have the trigger set to spoiler toggle on the Warthog, as I have easy access to that while faffing around with keeping control surfaces in check as well as the thrust levers and reversers...

It has a lot of character this aircraft... character as in "quirky"

It is fun!

A

According to the L35A AFM, spoilers are used on landing: Page 2-35 Landing 1. Spoiler switch -EXT after touchdown...

Andrew,

I see you are correct about deploying the spoilers after landing -- thanks for pointing that out.

I will send you a Lua script that will toggle the spoilers on and off AND animate the spoiler switch.

Al

I have also the warthog hotas and I have assigned the axis "INCR DECR" of the throttle to the spoilers thanks to the registered FSUIPC.

By the way you can manage the quantity of drag you need...

Pascal

Pascal,

I know in some a/c you can set different levels of drag with the spoilers, but I didn't think that was a RW option in the L35A.  Maybe someone can clarify this.

Thx,

Al

Andrew,

I will send you a Lua script that will toggle the spoilers on and off AND animate the spoiler switch.

Al

Pascal,

I know in some a/c you can set different levels of drag with the spoilers, but I didn't think that was a RW option in the L35A.

Al

Thanks AL :smile:

You are right this is just an on or off spoiler deployment. I ahve changed my assignation accordingly.

For info the FSX command "Spoiler on or off" works like a charme :wink:

si.php?id=1

I know you can't "arm" the spoilers on this Lear for landing, but is there a problem with raising them after landing?  It seems to work really well and brings the aircraft to taxi speed very quickly, but I'm wondering if there is a reason why this shouldn't be done?

Hi Robert,

You are right, nothing against the deployment of the spoilers after the touch down of the main gear.

Pascal

si.php?id=1