Sign in to follow this  
ukplane4

Private Jet: GTN 750 3 questions

Ok bit annoyed because i wrote a post and accidentally closed tab so have to start again.

I fly only on VATSIM and all sorts of aircraft but for private jet's just the flight 1 mustang which is good but the eaglesoft new aircraft are in development meaning for a modern jet Carenado is left but i'm of the opinion that it's either a nesccsity or highly recommended to use the GTN 750 so i have a few questions.

The GTN 750 itself

1. Safe Taxi is not available in Europe?

2. Can the data be updated via Navigraph?

3. Can i use the GTN 750 2D panel on ANY aircraft in P3D and will it interact properly with the plane?

4. Can i have a list of popular high fidelity GA's that are compatibility with the GTN 750 VC merge ( apart from a2a )

Careando + GTN750

1. Which aircraft would you recommend as a step up from the citation mustang but also the least bug free e.t.c e.g ( CJ2 , 850 , 300 ,550 ..... ) ?

2. is there a frame rate hit by using the GTN750 with these planes specifically on a low-mid tier setup?

I have briefly skim read the complete and long AVSIM reviews on the GTN and some of the carenado planes but won't indulge fully in either review till i have an idea if the product/plane is even what i want.

My comments:

The GTN 750 itself

1. I do not have an answer for this one

2. Navigraph updates not possible with GTN

3. Every GA aircraft I own is able to use popup 2D panels and follows the GTN

4. From those I own: Alabeo Seminole, Chieftain, Aztec, Milviz B55, Carenado F406 Caravan, C208 Grand Caravan (with available mod), RealAir Turbine Duke, Flysimware Lear 35

Careando + GTN750

1. I do not have any Carenado jets

2. 0 frame hit, at least on my system (mid-range, at best) 

Mario Di Lauro

I believe the data in the GTN is from the middle of 2015, so it is pretty recent. Doubt if you will see much of a difference in later data. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

re 1. Safe Taxi is available, but approach charts are U.S. only.

re 4.  Add the RealAir Lancair Legacy and Carenado Shrike Aero Commander

re Carenado bizjets.. have a look at the screenshots, but in my opinion the Hawker and the Phenom 300 are the likely candidates.

The Hawker is more of a corporate jet, the Phenom more of a personal luxury aircraft.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=52473&title=flight1-gtn-in-carenado-hawker

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=53360&title=gtn-in-phenom-300

Bert

I believe the data in the GTN is from the middle of 2015, so it is pretty recent. Doubt if you will see much of a difference in later data.

Since he flies online there are differences , especially in RNAV SIDS/stars/approaches

The most recent unofficial update is summer 2016 data - PM me for details

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ok thanks just  confirmation before i buy.

I have isg panels in a Global Express but it just doesn't work on my system so could i use the GTN 750 pop up to fly the Global express sid/stars e.t.c?

Once i buy the GTN750 as nav data update is not available do i need to buy/do anything to maintain the GTN750?

Not familiar with Global Express, but generally speaking, the GTN is used mostly for flying smaller airplanes into less busy airports, so sid/star is less common.  More typical are RNAV and ILS approaches..

As for maintaining the GTN.. from time to time, Garmin has been releasing an update to their GTN Trainer, which powers this gauge.  With it, tend to come navdata updates.. good news is that this has been free.

Garmin does sell current navdata (Flight1 can direct you..) but now you are talking real world pricing, in the $200+ range..

Bert

Not familiar with Global Express, but generally speaking, the GTN is used mostly for flying smaller airplanes into less busy airports, so sid/star is less common.  More typical are RNAV and ILS approaches..

As for maintaining the GTN.. from time to time, Garmin has been releasing an update to their GTN Trainer, which powers this gauge.  With it, tend to come navdata updates.. good news is that this has been free.

Garmin does sell current navdata (Flight1 can direct you..) but now you are talking real world pricing, in the $200+ range..

Ok hello Mr Bert, upon looking after extensive research i'll be getting the S550 or 850 by Carenado do your mod's mean if i get the GTN 750 i can use them in these planes? probably would've been better if the proline was built properly but ... i also have the A2A C172 so yh GTN750 seems to have more use now. 

1. Is there a GTN mod for the Alabeo DA42?

Send me a PM with your email address if you would like the GTN mods for either the Citation or the Hawker.

A2A has several nice planes  (Comanche?)  that accept a GTN in the panel.

Alabeo DA42... no idea..  but the Seminole is really nice - one of my favorites.

Bert

I prefer the GTN in the Hawker 850XP - Bert did nice work and it almost looks like it could really fit in there.

There is a Alabeo Twinstar mod: http://www.simforums.com/forums/gtn-in-vc-panel_topic49354_page11.html

(bottom of the page but you need the GTN to login)

Just one thing to note about mods....  most if not all of the mods into a third party VC require the 2D popup anyway, for full functionality.  Sometimes you get lucky with Bert's magic and you can almost use the entire thing in the VC without the 2d popup.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |